Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cat eating meds = expensive late night vet visit

I'm starting to really worry about her....she's been withdrawn, lethargic, she's barely eating..especially in the last 24 hours or so. she still has been sleeping curled up to next to my legs like she normally does, but that's one of the few things that is part of her normal behavior

And now when i touched her hip area, she kinda growls/meows. I spoke to someone and they said a lot of the time sedatives or medications take a lot longer to process in the livers of cats......so it was most likely the aftereffects and to give it a couple of more days, but i'm really starting to worry.

she was so traumatized by the vet visit, and it may partly be the reason she's the way she is, so i don't want to take her back unless i know it's not that(although to a daytime vet)

The whole thing is breaking my heart seeing her this way given her usual temperment..i'm worried she's in pain and just trying to hide it. If i lose her, i'll never forgive myself

I'm starting to really worry about her....she's been withdrawn, lethargic, she's barely eating..especially in the last 24 hours or so. she still has been sleeping curled up to next to my legs like she normally does, but that's one of the few things that is part of her normal behavior

And now when i touched her hip area, she kinda growls/meows. I spoke to someone and they said a lot of the time sedatives or medications take a lot longer to process in the livers of cats......so it was most likely the aftereffects and to give it a couple of more days, but i'm really starting to worry.

she was so traumatized by the vet visit, and it may partly be the reason she's the way she is, so i don't want to take her back unless i know it's not that(although to a daytime vet)

The whole thing is breaking my heart seeing her this way given her usual temperment..i'm worried she's in pain and just trying to hide it. If i lose her, i'll never forgive myself

I wouldn't worry about it bro. My cat once ate 2mg ambien and 4mg Ativan once. He slept his ass off for like 4 days, he's fine after that :)

Oh CW... :( I feel so bad for you right now.

I wouldn't worry about it bro. My cat once ate 2mg ambien and 4mg Ativan once. He slept his ass off for like 4 days, he's fine after that :)

your cat is a fuckin gangster, i thought mine was too...but she's a completely different animal. the only time i've seen her like this was when i first got her and she was obviously scared/uncomfortable, but she also was jumping in really high places even if just to hide. she's been jumping up on stuff here and there, but not like normal

I'm starting to doubt if it was really the vyvanse, and thinking maybe it's the excedrin migraine instead due to her symptoms

. although i just find that impossible. The geltabs are gigantic so she didn't swallow a whole one, and cats don't have a proclivity to pills like that. the one that fell in her water bowl wasn't really dissolved, and it was clear there was something in her water(green gooey and discolored) and she usually doesn't drink water if there's even just some food particles in there. Also, the bitterness of the aspirin/acetaminophen would have been a dead giveaway for her. the water level was also fairly high

the other thing that led me to think it was the vyvanse was just the amount of time she was awake. I looked everywhere for the vyvanse, so it's missing and the only logical solution is that she ate it.

but like i said, her symptoms at this point *seem* more along the lines of acetaminophen poisoning or maybe liver problems. no frequent urination, thirst, or signs of jaundice though.

fuckin internet putting ideas into my head.......god damn it. this is like the most fucked scenario because literally everything is speculation. the odds of that excedrin falling in her water were literally one in a million. the cabinet is about 4 ft away from her bowl, maybe more...and it's high up while her bowl is in the corner. it's max, a couple of inches circumference.

i'm a little more optimistic. she's eating, even though it's very little. and she's drinking water, even though it's also very little.

she also made a 4 ft jump to perch up on the window sill, and even starting rolling around on her back a little before that so i could pet her.

gonna watch her for the next 24 hours. if she gets worse, i'll take her to the university's 24 hour vet care (i should have done that to begin with, i didnt know they offered that). if she stays about the same, i'll take her on monday to the vet i took my ex's cat to. They were really nice and let you stay with the animal during examination and most procedures.

i'm a little more optimistic. she's eating, even though it's very little. and she's drinking water, even though it's also very little.

she also made a 4 ft jump to perch up on the window sill, and even starting rolling around on her back a little before that so i could pet her.

gonna watch her for the next 24 hours. if she gets worse, i'll take her to the university's 24 hour vet care (i should have done that to begin with, i didnt know they offered that). if she stays about the same, i'll take her on monday to the vet i took my ex's cat to. They were really nice and let you stay with the animal during examination and most procedures.

Good. Hopefully she'll continue to show improvement and won't need another visit to the vet.

Top Bottom