Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio to lose fat and lifting to gain muscle, is there a scale?!

Hi guys, i just wanted to keep you updated, i did what ramnares and the trainer suggested which is keeping on cardio and weight lifting and i am really happy with what i am doing:

- 30min of running on the treadmill with (1) at the incline and increasing speed by a level every 5mins.
- same weight lifting workout on the machines.
- 30min on the elliptical machine and increasing level by (1) every 5 mins.

Drink a lot of water, i sweat A LOT by the time i am out of the gym, i feel like i am doing my best, not sure if you guys agree with me?

Since i am eating less, not eating too much fat or protein, i have been told that i won't build much muscles, but i will increase my fitness and get rid of the unwanted fat..although my arms are getting bigger, shoulders getting wider, ect..

Notes::

+ I take 10 seconds MAX of rest sometimes during cardio, to drink some water, is that bad?
+ If anyone want me to adjust my cardio by anyway, please do and i am willing to try it out!

Any additional help and advice is SO appreciated.

it depends on what kind of shape your in. if your in horrible shape then listen to your body and stop when your body wants you to. if you running 7:00 min miles or less drink and run at the same time. If you feel you need to rest for a reason other than fatigue, do it. if your just tired, try to push through. also theres a trick to running nad drinkin at the same time, called a lid ;). if you dont have a lid, it jsut takes practice youll get it down, you might have to slow your run but you shouldnt have to walk to drink.

V-Opolis said:
it depends on what kind of shape your in. if your in horrible shape then listen to your body and stop when your body wants you to. if you running 7:00 min miles or less drink and run at the same time. If you feel you need to rest for a reason other than fatigue, do it. if your just tired, try to push through. also theres a trick to running nad drinkin at the same time, called a lid ;). if you dont have a lid, it jsut takes practice youll get it down, you might have to slow your run but you shouldnt have to walk to drink.

I will try drinking while running, I usually rest becase my heart beating so hard and I take the chance to drink water, not sure if that makes sense...btw I will try the led technique haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man! I just tried drinking from the water bottle while running on the treadmill...i got the hang of it!! and i wasn't totally dead after 30mins even though i took NO breaks!

Every post here comes with something new and useful, i hope more people would post in my thread! :(

Hey good job on the 30 mins! You should remember to keep things fresh to avoid burnout, especially if you're running on the treadmill. For example, you should mix HIIT days with easy long distance days. A sample routine might look like :

Mon : HIIT - Sprint 1 1/2 mins, walk/slow job 1 min, repeat (30 mins for now since that's what you're running)

Tue : Slow jog but for a longer time period, so if you're used to running at 6.0, run at 5.0 but for 45 mins instead of 30.

Wed : Rest

Thur : Start at 6.0 and increase pace by 0.5 every 5-10 mins (10 since you're a beginner)

Fri : HIIT - Instead of sprinting on a low incline you can choose to increase your pace AND increase the incline or just increase the incline

Mixing the HIIT with the distance runs will help you lose weight faster, build your stamina, and decrease your run times (due to the sprinting).

Last edited:
Top Bottom