Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Can't Stop Swinging During Pullups

Elementality

Hi. I am currently preparing for my military PFT and am trying to hit 20 dead hang pull ups.

My problem is that I have developed a sort of swinging motion everytime i do pull ups and it screws me up to the point where i have to kind of sit there and hang for a second or two until im no longer moving horizontally and then start my reps again.

I am not allowed to do kipping pull ups or put my feet on the ground.

I basically come down from the top position as fast as i can to avoid doing a negative which would drain my strength being used for the set.

Anyone got a solution or recommendation or just flatout explanation on how to perform dead hang pull ups for high reps?

i think youre probably going to have to go down a little slower... or better yet pause at the bottom...
how many reps are you at now?...
i tend to sway if i dont pause a bit at the bottom... but that is ok for me because deadlifts have strengthened my grip...
i know those are probably not the answers you want to hear, but im not sure there is any way around it...

Yeah,I get about 12 right now. What I do right now is I just touch the ground when i swing too much. Once I can do that 20+ times Ill worry about taking the ground touch out. Think I need to build the strength to do 20 pull ups before I worry about the grip for 20 pull ups.

i would go down slow for now instead of touching the ground if you can... the negative will help... if you get a rep or two less right off the bat just remember that 8 right is better than 10 wrong...
how much time do you have to reach your goal?... i'd say you could probably reach it fairly fast... it seems once i got up to 10, 15 came fast... but i dont do them often enough anymore... and they are always done after deadlifts, cleans and other shit so i am worn out...
also you will work your grip more going down slow without touching the floor... when you are done with your pullups you can also just hang fully extended from the bar and see how long you can hold yourself... then try to beat that time every workout... that should help your grip a bit...
you could also try using chalk if your hands get slippery... i wonder if anyone has ever used/ tried to use it on the test...

During the test you can actually have someone hold their hand out in front of your knees to stop you from swinging thats why im considering using the ground technique (i should have mentioned that)

also when i say i touch the ground i dont mean i relieve my grip i just tap the ground with my toes to stop my momentum moving me all over.

and t you mean test? =p using any kind of roid is not a good idea for the marine core. gotta be LIGHT, fast, flexible...all roid use ive had has always boosted me in one of those areas while always slowing me down in another <cramps, lack of endurance for cardio, too much weight gain etc.>

Top Bottom