Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

can someone explain to me what hangcleans are? tried the search engine already

IF you know what cleans are then this will be easy to explain. They are the same as normal cleans but instead of bring the bar back down to the ground you bring it to your knees. This doesn't explain the entire clean process but I will look for a good write up with pics to give you a full description and then I will post them for you!!;)

hang cleans are the last half of the power clean motion. to refresh - the power clean starts with the barbell on the ground, you basically deadlift the weight until the bar's over the knees, when you accelerate with a pull of the bar as high as you can, then drop under the weight and "catch" it on your chest. you end up looking like you're doing a front squat. the hang clean starts with the bar already just above the knees - so the emphasis is on the "pull" (explosive) half of the clean. it will necessitate a drop in weight, but will improve your explosiveness to no end. not exactly the bodybuilding exercise of the century, however. best suited to sports specificity.

Hang cleans are also to develop power in the hips and legs. First you hold the bar with an overhand grip slightly wider than shoulder width and extend your arms completely. Keep your feet hip width apart. Lower the bar to the top of the knees by bending at your hips and knees. Your shoulders should be ahead of the bar. Then extend the hips up and forward explosively. Extend onto the balls of your feet while simultaneously shrugging your shoulders. Then pull yourself under the bar.
Hope this helps.

Top Bottom