Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calling all rangers!!

Let me give you some advice that served me well. I was a 17 year old kid in BCT and my DI was a Vietnam era Ranger. He said, "You haven't run too far or too fast until you pass out." Those are true words...

Yea, I hear those Vietnam era Rangers are salty fuckers. :chomp:

I was in the 2nd Bat back in the early 80's. We did RIP, then Pre Ranger before Ranger school. I have friends still in who say they give out tabs like candy now. That's why I don't consider tabbed people Rangers if they aren't in Battalion. In my RIP class, there were 104 of us - 8 made it through. I don't know how many of the recycles finally made it. First day we jumped 8 times out of Hueys. I look back on it fondly, but also know that is a young mans game. If you are married or deeply involved, the divorce percentage is over 85% so you need to consider that also.

divorce rate is hire if you are a ranger? fuck.i am married with a daughter.im still very young too and i know theres a high risk already for me! why is it so high for rangers?

divorce rate is hire if you are a ranger? fuck.i am married with a daughter.im still very young too and i know theres a high risk already for me! why is it so high for rangers?

High stress, lots of deployments. When you are in a Ranger bat that is your life. Even in the normal Army divorce rates are very high.

The majority of divorces occur with younger soldier who have kids. The Army pay check is not all that much. Life can be very rough when you don't make much money, you are away from your wife and children, and when you are in a job that takes all of your energy.

I got married when I was in my mid-20's. I was deployed/away from my wife for about 3 out of the first 5 years I was married. I didn't have children. It was still rough but my wife and I knew what we were getting into. My wife is also tough as nails. When you are in your early 20's, with children, and you have a spouse who has no clue what she is getting into, it really can take a strain on the marriage.

I've seen crazy shit over the years. Wives fucking other guys (sometimes more than one at the same time), guys cheating on their wives. Spouses beating the crap out of each other. I am not saying this happens to everyone but when the husband is deployed for 18 months, the couple has been married for less than a year, hearts and minds wander in the wrong direction.

A lot of deployments aren't even "real", just exercises, but we didn't know until we were told it was training on our way home. The wives and girlfriends stayed on edge never really knowing what was going on and whether their guy would be home or not. I personally think it is a young, single man's world at Battalion or Group, but that is just one old Rangers opinion.

A lot of deployments aren't even "real", just exercises, but we didn't know until we were told it was training on our way home. The wives and girlfriends stayed on edge never really knowing what was going on and whether their guy would be home or not. I personally think it is a young, single man's world at Battalion or Group, but that is just one old Rangers opinion.

A lot has changed in the past few decades. I was talking to a brother Ranger a few months ago about his deployment in Iraq, the rules have changed the way we fight has changed and the sissy lala's and all the bleeding hearts fvked us up. We can't be mean to our prisoners, we have to give them tea and cakes, we have to treat them really nice. Also they have to call in and get permission to return fire.

As far as exercises are concerned in my day back in the late 60's we didn't get many exercises that weren't "real". The last time I heard cadence before going to "work" was like this.

I wanna be an airborne Ranger I wanna live a life a danger I wanna go to Viet Nam... Then poof there I was.

A lot has changed in the past few decades. I was talking to a brother Ranger a few months ago about his deployment in Iraq, the rules have changed the way we fight has changed and the sissy lala's and all the bleeding hearts fvked us up. We can't be mean to our prisoners, we have to give them tea and cakes, we have to treat them really nice. Also they have to call in and get permission to return fire.

As far as exercises are concerned in my day back in the late 60's we didn't get many exercises that weren't "real". The last time I heard cadence before going to "work" was like this.

I wanna be an airborne Ranger I wanna live a life a danger I wanna go to Viet Nam... Then poof there I was.

Huh... Now your sorry old man ass belongs to me. Imagine that?! Some of you bastards are just luckier than others, I spose. :qt:

I did Grenada, then had both missions and "exercises" in Nicarauga before Panama. Served with many Nam era vets and was told how much better we had it even in 85. I can't imagine how watered down our beloved Bats are now and choose not to. I know the soilders I served with were squared away and could be trusted to protect your ass and vice versa. Rangers Lead The Way.

Top Bottom