Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cali's Road to the big 4-0

LOL...so cool!! I played all the way through the college days and I remember when I stopped being part of a team, I really felt like I'd lost a part of my identity. It was a weird time having to learn how to re-define myself. But somedays, now....even walking up and down stairs is a killer. :)

Part of my burning desire to win at any cost comes from those basketball days. My team rarely lost. We were nationally ranked by the USA today even at one point. If we lost, coach would make us pay for it in the next brutal practice session.

But I get it now. Coach was teaching us a very valuable lesson in not giving up and sacrifice. His lessons are well understood. And much appreciated.

Evening everyone!

First...figurechamp...amazing avi! You look great and you should definitely compete!

I just want you all to know that I am usually a very happy, carefree person and my log has been overcome with all of my trials and challenges of the last months. Unfortunately, they are continuing and this weekend has been a rough one. I will spare you all the gory details but wanted you to know that I haven't given up on my goals and fitness. I usually have great follow through but cleaning up some messes in my life is proving to be far more difficult then I had imagined and it's getting in the way right now.

I will be back with a vengeance soon enough but need a few days yet. Don't give up on me!

Thanks for all the support too. I truly and sincerely appreciate each and every one of you. :)

Evening everyone!

First...figurechamp...amazing avi! You look great and you should definitely compete!

I just want you all to know that I am usually a very happy, carefree person and my log has been overcome with all of my trials and challenges of the last months. Unfortunately, they are continuing and this weekend has been a rough one. I will spare you all the gory details but wanted you to know that I haven't given up on my goals and fitness. I usually have great follow through but cleaning up some messes in my life is proving to be far more difficult then I had imagined and it's getting in the way right now.

I will be back with a vengeance soon enough but need a few days yet. Don't give up on me!

Thanks for all the support too. I truly and sincerely appreciate each and every one of you. :)

Awww thanks Cali!

Ur post reminds me of a quote from Henry Rollins that I would totally butcher if I tried to write it here, but it begins something like "the iron never lies to you" and he goes on to express that in spite of life's trials and tribulations, the gym is always there. It's a constant. And keeps us grounded. :)

Keep on pushin those doors. Eventually one's gonna open in your favor! :)

Awww thanks Cali!

Ur post reminds me of a quote from Henry Rollins that I would totally butcher if I tried to write it here, but it begins something like "the iron never lies to you" and he goes on to express that in spite of life's trials and tribulations, the gym is always there. It's a constant. And keeps us grounded. :)

Keep on pushin those doors. Eventually one's gonna open in your favor! :)

I think it goes like this

you may Think everyone has their opinion but! The Iron will not lie to you, 20p0 lbs will always be 200 lbs.
something like that , it's early and hard to think until i get fully awake

But yeah keep pushimg those doors ,eventually you will open one of them.

Yeah Cali Girl.. great advise from everyone here!!
Keep focused on the positive and don't let people bring you down, and if you really can't avoid it, use the bad energy for motivation to something positve!!
You were always there for me.. so feel free to PM if you want to vent.. or need a chat...
My thoughts go out!

Thanks everyone for all the words of support and the great quotes. :)

I have not been in the gym all week. It's a combination of extreme cold and extreme stress but mainly the stress. Although, with windchill we're hitting the -45 cel at night here. It's been -28 during the day, which is just insanity. No excuses though, it's just been stress.

I think I've encountered my first personal experience with a true sociopath (even after lots of time working in psychiatry) and I am, what the police tell me, a victim of criminal harassment. The stress of dealing with someone coming after your home, your job and your family is very hard to imagine. Especially when it's someone you thought you cared about. I am a pretty damn strong woman but this experience has taken me to the edge and been very taxing. Nothing some time and good therapy won't fix but it's not quite over yet and hopefully, by Saturday, things will be 100% set. I hit my limit this week and came out on the attack and it's almost game over. I will NOT let someone do this to me! F$$%$K that!

The good news is I weighed in this morning at 168 lbs which means 11 lbs in almost 4 weeks. My 4 weeks is up Saturday. My appetite has been off though so I anticipate once things stabilize, to go up a bit and then continue dropping.

Anyway....just so everyone knows where I've been! Onwards and upwards! :)

Yeah Cali Girl.. great advise from everyone here!!
Keep focused on the positive and don't let people bring you down, and if you really can't avoid it, use the bad energy for motivation to something positve!!
You were always there for me.. so feel free to PM if you want to vent.. or need a chat...
My thoughts go out!

Rachel...so great to see you. Thank you! I really appreciate it. I have turned a corner this week and despite everything feel very empowered and stronger. There are moments of exhaustion but I will come out the other end a better person. The anger will motivate my workouts, definitely! Thanks again girl! :)

Rachel...so great to see you. Thank you! I really appreciate it. I have turned a corner this week and despite everything feel very empowered and stronger. There are moments of exhaustion but I will come out the other end a better person. The anger will motivate my workouts, definitely! Thanks again girl! :)

This is great to hear! which reminds me did you get my message???

Top Bottom