Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cali's Road to the big 4-0

I wasn't in the gym Wednesday as my sister had some emergency surgery (discovered an ectopic pregnancy) so I spent the evening at the hospital with her very anxious hubby.

As tired as I felt yesterday, I hit the gym and had a really good workout. I'm moving over to a max ot style training to start building my strength back up. I love this style of training and have seen great results with it in the past, so am excited to do a round of it. Last night, I trained back/ bis and probably hit about 70% of my max of where I left off pre injury.

I didn't really max out though on any lifts but wanted to get a feel for where I was and where I can start the official split next week. My arm/ shoulder are holding strong!

Max ot has 5 warm up sets to start....reps start from 12 and drop to 1, as weight increases, followed by 2-3 working sets. I won't be logging the warm up sets here but just so you know they're there.

Seated row/ narrow grip
3 sets of 6 - 100 lbs

Lat pull down/ wide grip
75 lbs - 6
90 lbs - 6
95 lbs - 6 (will start here next time)

Straight arm pull down
90 lbs - 6
95 lbs- 6
100 lbs - 6 (start here)

Hammer curls
17.5 lbs - 15
20 lbs - 8
22.5 lbs - 6

22 mins cardio. Moderate intensity. My knees have been killing the last two days (leftover pains from years of playing basketball and skiing) but everytime the weather changes, I feel it and we are heading for a really freaking cold streak here (-30c)!!! Needless to say....achy knees.

I'm feeling physically stronger everyday!

Hey so sorry to hear bout your sister hope she's going to be ok,
And a big massive well done to you chic 70% of we're you left off before injury is incredible I had no idea you wre picking up pace like that,

Hey so sorry to hear bout your sister hope she's going to be ok,
And a big massive well done to you chic 70% of we're you left off before injury is incredible I had no idea you wre picking up pace like that,

Thanks Donna. She seems to be doing pretty well, all things considered.

Back is one of my strengths and most of the lifts don't aggravate my injuries, but I'm sure the chest/ shoulder won't be quite as strong but....definitely moving in the right direction. :)

I wasn't in the gym Wednesday as my sister had some emergency surgery (discovered an ectopic pregnancy) so I spent the evening at the hospital with her very anxious hubby.

As tired as I felt yesterday, I hit the gym and had a really good workout. I'm moving over to a max ot style training to start building my strength back up. I love this style of training and have seen great results with it in the past, so am excited to do a round of it. Last night, I trained back/ bis and probably hit about 70% of my max of where I left off pre injury.

I didn't really max out though on any lifts but wanted to get a feel for where I was and where I can start the official split next week. My arm/ shoulder are holding strong!

Max ot has 5 warm up sets to start....reps start from 12 and drop to 1, as weight increases, followed by 2-3 working sets. I won't be logging the warm up sets here but just so you know they're there.

Seated row/ narrow grip
3 sets of 6 - 100 lbs

Lat pull down/ wide grip
75 lbs - 6
90 lbs - 6
95 lbs - 6 (will start here next time)

Straight arm pull down
90 lbs - 6
95 lbs- 6
100 lbs - 6 (start here)

Hammer curls
17.5 lbs - 15
20 lbs - 8
22.5 lbs - 6

22 mins cardio. Moderate intensity. My knees have been killing the last two days (leftover pains from years of playing basketball and skiing) but everytime the weather changes, I feel it and we are heading for a really freaking cold streak here (-30c)!!! Needless to say....achy knees.

I'm feeling physically stronger everyday!

Seriously... These similarities between the two of us have gotta stop! :) I too was a baller from the age of 8 all the way thru college. My knees suck! And after legs yesterday, they were done! :)

Seriously... These similarities between the two of us have gotta stop! :) I too was a baller from the age of 8 all the way thru college. My knees suck! And after legs yesterday, they were done! :)

LOL...so cool!! I played all the way through the college days and I remember when I stopped being part of a team, I really felt like I'd lost a part of my identity. It was a weird time having to learn how to re-define myself. But somedays, now....even walking up and down stairs is a killer. :)

LOL...so cool!! I played all the way through the college days and I remember when I stopped being part of a team, I really felt like I'd lost a part of my identity. It was a weird time having to learn how to re-define myself. But somedays, now....even walking up and down stairs is a killer. :)

I hear you there, sista. That's why I like to think of this crew as a team... corny? yes. But it works in my brain.

re: the knees. Yes. It takes me almost 30 minutes to get moving in the morning with all the creaking and popping. It's bad. But if this body isn't used up by the time my soul leaves it I haven't done my job :)

It sounds like you're making excellent progress. Goal #1=NO MORE INJURIES!!!!!!!!!! Do you swim/bike/row? There are so many other choices for cardio other than the traditional weight-bearing stuff. Every time I go to the gym there's a new freaking spaceship-elliptical. I'm kind of scared to get on some of them!

Last thought, and then I'll shut up, working with and around an injury is a great time to focus on diet. Are you taking the high dose C, collagen, zinc, fish oil, glutamine, yadda yadda yadda? Nutrition is so much more than calories. I know you know this but I always benefit from the reminder. Happy to be a second set of eyes if you want. xo

Thanks Donna. She seems to be doing pretty well, all things considered.

Back is one of my strengths and most of the lifts don't aggravate my injuries, but I'm sure the chest/ shoulder won't be quite as strong but....definitely moving in the right direction. :)

Glad to hear your sister is OK.

I know all about injuries and how frustrating they can be just take it slow and listen to your body and you'll get that strength back up! I agree 100% with CB nutrition and the bicycle has done wonders for my knees!

Keep it up there's no place left to go but up! ;)

Top Bottom