Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calculating my macros on a daily basis

John McLane

I've never really done this - and I Know I should - so what formula is best to work out how many calories I need to gain/loose weight? When using my fitness pal to track everything, I'm assuming I can edit stuff ie if I peel some sweet potatoes for example can I then enter them as to what weight I have peeled them too? And if I eat say a cheat meal ie a curry from my local Chinese how am I going to work out the macros from that? How do you guys work it?

It can be tough to track things you get from restaraunts because you never know how much or what is exactly in what you are getting. If you are tracking cals its best to avoid restaraunts as much as you can. A food scale is crucial at home for calculating and measuring out your portions.

There are a number of resources online to help you get a rough idea of how many calories you should be consuming, but I typically use a formula that works pretty well of bodyweight x 14 to figure maintenance (BWx15 for fast metabolisms and BWx13 for slower metabolisms) and then adjust from there for your surpluses and defecits desired. Your macros will be based on preference as there are a ton of different dieting strategies for any goal.

It can be tough to track things you get from restaraunts because you never know how much or what is exactly in what you are getting. If you are tracking cals its best to avoid restaraunts as much as you can. A food scale is crucial at home for calculating and measuring out your portions.

There are a number of resources online to help you get a rough idea of how many calories you should be consuming, but I typically use a formula that works pretty well of bodyweight x 14 to figure maintenance (BWx15 for fast metabolisms and BWx13 for slower metabolisms) and then adjust from there for your surpluses and defecits desired. Your macros will be based on preference as there are a ton of different dieting strategies for any goal.

Ok Rik thanks.....

Top Bottom