Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

But Wait......I thought global warming was a myth?

Rent 2001 and watch it with Stefka after she finishes her finals...trust me...she'll see sci fi in a different light...it's a good movie and I'm going to make the Hal 9000. :)

I'm also pissed you haven't watched it yourself as a sci fi nerd. :)

I've never been a big fan of stuff that came out before I was alive, whether music, television, movies, etc.

I think we might do this, though.

:cow:

I've never been a big fan of stuff that came out before I was alive, whether music, television, movies, etc.

I think we might do this, though.

So, you consider Einstein a douchebag? :)

I'm giving you good bro advice....connect with Stefka's inner female...she genetically likes Stanley Kubrick
..just like she likes Shakespeare..:)

No debate in science is ever truly "over"
If anyone is to say the debate is over, then they are not a "scientist"

Please show how the debate on, e.g., the third law of thermodynamics or Newton's second law are not "over".

what those guys at CERN are doing may throw classical physics on it's head. As it pertains to "every day life", those laws are immutable........but our understanding of them may change so drastically that a new debate may indeed rise. In a few years they may be able to create "spaces" where those laws don't apply.........kind of like the "expanse" from Star Trek enterprise. I know :nerd:

what those guys at CERN are doing may throw classical physics on it's head. As it pertains to "every day life", those laws are immutable........but our understanding of them may change so drastically that a new debate may indeed rise. In a few years they may be able to create "spaces" where those laws don't apply.........kind of like the "expanse" from Star Trek enterprise. I know :nerd:

They're not doing anything that will affect classical physics. They're doing high-energy physics. Changes to the standard model will not do anything to basic physics.

Abstract mathematical spaces have existed for centuries. Something like twistor space or Hilbert space is but a theoretical construct.

They're not doing anything that will affect classical physics. They're doing high-energy physics. Changes to the standard model will not do anything to basic physics.

Abstract mathematical spaces have existed for centuries. Something like twistor space or Hilbert space is but a theoretical construct.

Nobody knows exactly what's going to come from the experiments........but if they get down to the building blocks of our universe they may indeed be able to say that what goes up doesn't necessarily come down. Or other long standing laws.

Of course this will all exist at the fundamental level of our universe, not in our discrete world. They may fuck with alternate realities where they're going....who knows. That thing may open up doors even science fiction writers would not have thought of.........it all depends on the people and the experiments they run.

Nobody knows exactly what's going to come from the experiments........but if they get down to the building blocks of our universe they may indeed be able to say that what goes up doesn't necessarily come down. Or other long standing laws.

Of course this will all exist at the fundamental level of our universe, not in our discrete world. They may fuck with alternate realities where they're going....who knows. That thing may open up doors even science fiction writers would not have thought of.........it all depends on the people and the experiments they run.

http://www.pha.jhu.edu/~dfehling/particle.gif
Standard Model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What happens at the quantum level has nothing to do with what happens in the classical world. Classical laws will not change. Nobody's opening up black holes and dragons are not going to consume the world. Particle accelerators have been around for over a century, and they are well-understood. Short of a Dyson Sphere, it is physically impossible on this planet to achieve energies high enough to do anything destructive.

The only problem is the layperson watching too much television and not knowing how to differentiate fiction from reality.

Top Bottom