Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Building pectorals while not using the bench press, I need some advice.

ThePatriarch

That might sound like a strange question but I personally am not a fan of the bench press due to shoulder and elbow issues, I have been doing flys using a machine attached to the bench and that has done a good job in terms of building mass in the outside of my pectorals but not much for the upper and central part of my chest. Anyone have any good advice on how to build those areas while not using the bench press?

You could try weighted dips as an all round mass builder and focus on the pecs while doing the movement, or could throw bodyweight ones in at the end of the session to to burn ourself out.
Alternatively cables are a good exercise when form is strict and incline pushups (feet on the bench) hope this helps dude.
DDW.

I know you said you have shoulder and elbow issues but like dan diamond said your BEST alternative is weight dips. I just started these and my chest growth has been amazing. Hopefully your shoulders and elbow will allow you to add this in

Dumbell presses at any angle

try putting a 45lb plate under the end of a flat bench and doing dumbell presses or flyes from that

incline bb could be another option

careful with dips bro, especially weighted dips.....great excercise but can definitely be murder on elbows and shoulders.

careful with dips bro, especially weighted dips.....great excercise but can definitely be murder on elbows and shoulders.

Dips seem to be fine so far but im not using any weights yet until i get the form down perfectly and have done them properly for a bit, at least a month.

first get a routine or program that will fix your issues w/ the shoulders and elbows. Even if you never bench again. If not it will just come up in another exercise. so find a way to fix the injury or weakness you have.

give exlosive pushups a shot. or any push up variation. weighted ones are good. one armed. different hand positions and angles.

Top Bottom