Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bros who dont use sumo stance, do you feel stronger with closer feet width?

die faster

just wondering. i widened my stance up today on box squats, last time i got 375 for 1 and failed at 385, today just kept adding more plates on, got to 425

I feel weaker simply because I never use sumo stance, so my body's not used to it. If my body's not used to it, I'm less confident about the lift, and mentality is a huge element to the strength that you feel when performing a lift.

I'd have a hard time believing that there's a serious difference in the amount of WORK you can get done in sumo stance vs. regular stance, but as miked pointed out, when you lower your ROM, you lower the amount of work done. Less work requires less strength/energy -- or, since you're reducing the distance, you can increase the force and mathematically be doing the same amount of work.

sumo moves more weight but i prefer to work full ROM and go ATF on my squats for almost all my sets.

thanks bloke thats a good point about more weight being on your shoulders. ive noticed its harder to push my hips forward like you said, im wondering if im better off switching my deadlifts to normal stance.

sumo moves more weight but i prefer to work full ROM and go ATF on my squats for almost all my sets.

yeah alot of ppl say they get better results from a long range of motion. but for me, sacrificing some range of motion, but overloading myself with more weight, always made my strength increase more from workout to workout. on benching, when i go to chest the whole time, i progress nowhere, when i go to about 3 inches above chest, i throw more weight on every week.

are you training more for size or strength?

size right now.

that is a good point about what you said. first you gotta find what works for you and 2nd most likely using a combo of stances and exercises is really going to work the best.

Top Bottom