Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

boy kills 1050 lb HOG. wtf? how does it even get that big..

  • Thread starter Thread starter Phaded
  • Start date Start date
no fark way
 
We have wild hogs out here and people have been killed by hitting them in their vehicles. They can get pretty big and you don't want to piss them off.
 
thats no accomplishment, he should have killed it with his bare hands for him to brag about it...that thing is massive by the way, if i saw that...id start running
 
what the fuck??.......what the fuck?...........what the fuck??\


what the fuck are they giving those fucking things?? That's bigger than a fucking grizz........that's some serious genetic abnormality.........something in what they're eating is making em that way........that ain't natural........no way!!
 
I saw that on the news the other night. If I even saw a boar that big walking around the woods, I think I would piss my pants and run back to my car.
 
heatherrae said:
I saw that on the news the other night. If I even saw a boar that big walking around the woods, I think I would piss my pants and run back to my car.

u piss ur pants laughing, nevermind seeing the world's largest boar in the woods.
 
swole said:
u piss ur pants laughing, nevermind seeing the world's largest boar in the woods.
or sneezing. Sneezing does it EVERY time now. :worried:
 
Its a shame such a beautiful animal was killed.

Had I seen it, I would have trapped it and bred the fucking thing.


<
 
Big Rick Rock said:
Its a shame such a beautiful animal was killed.

Had I seen it, I would have trapped it and bred the fucking thing.


<
You must not have seen a picture of it. :lmao:
 
heatherrae said:
You must not have seen a picture of it. :lmao:



I seen the pic in the LOCAL paper hun. I said the same thing to the Pakistani who sold me the paper.
 
Big Rick Rock said:
I seen the pic in the LOCAL paper hun. I said the same thing to the Pakistani who sold me the paper.
Okay, so how the hell would you trap that animal? Holy hell, you would need a helicopter and tranquilizer darts. :worried:
 
heatherrae said:
Okay, so how the hell would you trap that animal? Holy hell, you would need a helicopter and tranquilizer darts. :worried:


Babygirl,

I would make 3 phone calls during the hunt, and have everything I could possibly ever need at my disposal.

Lets leave it at that ;)
 
The article said the boy tortured the animal, shooting it 9 times and chasing it 3 hours before killing it with a point blank shot.... and he's proud of his accomplishment. Perhaps oneday, he will be the hunted.. I shouldn't feel sorry for people, I really shouldn't.
 
Big Rick Rock said:
Its a shame such a beautiful animal was killed.

Had I seen it, I would have trapped it and bred the fucking thing.


<

no hunting season for them in texas, open all year
considered a nusiance
 
Gambino said:
no hunting season for them in texas, open all year
considered a nusiance

In Florida, farmers used to let their domesticated pigs run free, they mated with the wild hogs and they are nuisance animals here, too.

You activists go right ahead and try to protect all the furry little creatures. I'll continue to eat them, anyway.
 
biteme said:
The article said the boy tortured the animal, shooting it 9 times and chasing it 3 hours before killing it with a point blank shot.... and he's proud of his accomplishment. Perhaps oneday, he will be the hunted.. I shouldn't feel sorry for people, I really shouldn't.
Have you ever encountered a wild boar? They are DANGEROUS and mean as hell. Seriously! I doubt that the kid meant to have to shoot it so many times. The thing was so damn big that it probably took a really good shot with the weapon that he was using to take it down. I would say that the kid was scared as hell. I would have been. You just have no idea how mean boars can be, and at that size, it was like taking down a damn rhino.
 
Gambino said:
no hunting season for them in texas, open all year
considered a nusiance

Florida 2006-2007 regulations.

Wild Hog, Rabbit, Raccoon, Opossum, Coyote, Nutria, Skunk
and Beaver may be taken year-round.
 
Big Rick Rock said:
Its a shame such a beautiful animal was killed.

Had I seen it, I would have trapped it and bred the fucking thing.


<



You do realize once you trap a pig, within weeks it returns to 'captive pig' state right?

Pigs make this amazing transformation - it's crazy to see. A cute pink caged hog - if escaped - turns into a feral hog with the hair growing down the back, the dark colors, etc over a month or so. And the reverse happens when they are caged to a degree.

That hog would also loose alot of weight once captured.


Takes like two generations to make a complete transformation, but that hog wouldn't be the same in captivity.
 
redguru said:
Florida 2006-2007 regulations.

Wild Hog, Rabbit, Raccoon, Opossum, Coyote, Nutria, Skunk
and Beaver may be taken year-round.

the same here (minus the hogs and nutria wtf is that?)
porcupines are also allowed to be taken yr round...ever come across a wild pig in the woods? are they dangerous or flighty?
 
redguru said:
Florida 2006-2007 regulations.

Wild Hog, Rabbit, Raccoon, Opossum, Coyote, Nutria, Skunk
and Beaver may be taken year-round.



Yeah the two trips I made to south beach... I can vouch for that, open fuckign season, baby!
 
Gambino said:
the same here (minus the hogs and nutria wtf is that?)
porcupines are also allowed to be taken yr round...ever come across a wild pig in the woods? are the dangerous or flighty?


Sows are pretty flights unless they have piglets on the teats, boars are very protective of their own territory and are omnivorous, more so than bears. Bears tend to avoid you. Boars charge.
 
redguru said:
Sows are pretty flights unless they have piglets on the teats, boars are very protective of their own territory and are omnivorous, more so than bears. Bears tend to avoid you. Boars charge.
post some gator vs boar home clips you got
 
Oh, and nutria is similar to a beaver, used for pelts.

nutria3.jpg
 
What's amazing is that there isn't a gator in florida that could have taken that thing down........in all seriousness, on land, that thing could throw down with the biggest crocks in africa. It took 9 50 caliber shots to take it down........that's desert eagle .50!! If the story is true, and the kid hit it with all 9 shots........i mean damn, holy shit........I've heard of grizzlies being taken down with 2 or 3 shots from a 44 mag.
 
biteme said:
The article said the boy tortured the animal, shooting it 9 times and chasing it 3 hours before killing it with a point blank shot.... and he's proud of his accomplishment.

That's considered absolutely deplorable among hunters. There are only two options: clean kill or no shot. Period.

Pathetic.




:cow:
 
samoth said:
That's considered absolutely deplorable among hunters. There are only two options: clean kill or no shot. Period.

Pathetic.




:cow:
Well, he is just a kid, and even among skilled hunters sometimes you don't get a great shot and have to track the wounded animal and finish it off. It happens to all hunters who hunt with any regularity. Of course, no one wants to track a wounded animal but it is more humane to finish it off than to leave it wounded and dying and to waste the meat.

I just can't get over that there was a wild boar that damn big. holy hell, it was like a hippo.
 
heatherrae said:
Well, he is just a kid, and even among skilled hunters sometimes you don't get a great shot and have to track the wounded animal and finish it off. It happens to all hunters who hunt with any regularity. Of course, no one wants to track a wounded animal but it is more humane to finish it off than to leave it wounded and dying and to waste the meat.

I just can't get over that there was a wild boar that damn big. holy hell, it was like a hippo.


It wasn't a cute, cuddly animal so it doesn't matter. You'd be singing a different song if it were a bunny rabbit.
 
biteme said:
It wasn't a cute, cuddly animal so it doesn't matter. You'd be singing a different song if it were a bunny rabbit.
Not really. My dad is an avid deer hunter. I don't know how he pulls the trigger, they are so docile and sweet, but I don't give him shit for it.

I think that you just don't have any experience with hunting or know what it is like. First of all, you don't always make the perfect shot. Secondly, with an animal that size, you may just not have a big enough damn gun. Thirdly, when you don't get a good shot, you track the animal and put it out of its misery. It isn't "torturing" the animal or whatever else you said, it is just finishing the kill.

And...if you had ever encountered a male one of these out in the woods, you would likely shoot it, because they will absolutely come after you and try to kill you. They are pretty damn mean.

Actually, the thing that I wondered when I saw the story is what kind of parents let the kid out hunting alone, if that was the case. That is reckless, at best.
 
heatherrae said:
Well, he is just a kid, and even among skilled hunters sometimes you don't get a great shot and have to track the wounded animal and finish it off. It happens to all hunters who hunt with any regularity. Of course, no one wants to track a wounded animal but it is more humane to finish it off than to leave it wounded and dying and to waste the meat.

I just can't get over that there was a wild boar that damn big. holy hell, it was like a hippo.

There is absolutely no excuse for needing to shoot something NINE times in order to kill it.

No ethical hunter would associate with such a person. They're called "pieces of shit" and have no business holding a weapon.




:cow:
 
Big Rick Rock said:
Its a shame such a beautiful animal was killed.

Had I seen it, I would have trapped it and bred the fucking thing.


<


Agreed.. sad they had to kill it. There are a zillion fucking boars out there.. some kid with a pistol kill the king of em.
 
samoth said:
There is absolutely no excuse for needing to shoot something NINE times in order to kill it.

No ethical hunter would associate with such a person. They're called "pieces of shit" and have no business holding a weapon.




:cow:
the kid was 10 or 11.
 
heatherrae said:
Not really. My dad is an avid deer hunter. I don't know how he pulls the trigger, they are so docile and sweet, but I don't give him shit for it.

Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, unless you've changed your tune. I thought I've seen posts where you were outraged at the abuse of animals. I believe in mercy killing if at all possible.
 
heatherrae said:
the kid was 10 or 11.

Oh, so it's some pre-pubescent boy torturing animals? Was he a goth or something? lol

I still ain't buying this story, BTW. Not enough details to make anything believable.




:cow:
 
heatherrae said:
the kid was 10 or 11.

Read the entire article, lest I be forced to penetrate your rectal orifice. The rednecks could have put the animal out if its misery at any point in that three hour span.

His father said that, just to be extra safe, he and the guides had high-powered rifles aimed and ready to fire in case the beast, with 5-inch tusks, decided to charge.
 
biteme said:
Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, unless you've changed your tune. I thought I've seen posts where you were outraged at the abuse of animals. I believe in mercy killing if at all possible.
hmmmm...I don't think it was me. Don't get me wrong. I think there is an ethical boundary when it comes to animals. For example, I don't want them killed for fur or from trophies alone.

However, I think it is hypocritical of anyone who eats meat to give a hunter shit for killing something he is going to eat.
 
heatherrae said:
However, I think it is hypocritical of anyone who eats meat to give a hunter shit for killing something he is going to eat.

Yeah, I never really understood it until I got into hunting, either.

Ethical killing is pretty much the first commandment. If it can't be killed cleanly and quickly (in a single shot), it's basically a condemning sin to even take a shot -- and no other hunters, organizations, magazines, or record clubs will associate with an unethical hunter.




:cow:
 
I agree, in fact I always ask the butcher if the cow was chased around the farm by a pudgy munchkin with a pistol, preferably for several hours, before they killed it.
 
samoth said:
That's considered absolutely deplorable among hunters. There are only two options: clean kill or no shot. Period.

Pathetic.




:cow:

Have you ever heard of archery hunting? There is no such thing as a "clean kill" with an arrow and Archery hunting is the most respected form of hunting as far as sport
 
samoth said:
That's considered absolutely deplorable among hunters. There are only two options: clean kill or no shot. Period.

Pathetic.




:cow:

Hard to do with a 1100 pound hog. When my grandfather would butcher hogs, he'd hit it between the eyes with a .22 and that would only knock it out long enough to get it lifted by the hind legs to slit its throat. Sometimes it would take 3 or 4 shots point blank just to stun a large hog. That .50 pistol has a lot of stunning power but I bet the bullets would be found in the thick layer of subQ fat that hog had. I am just glad they tracked it and killed it after wounding it.
 
sfmonster said:
Have you ever heard of archery hunting? There is no such thing as a "clean kill" with an arrow and Archery hunting is the most respected form of hunting as far as sport

I am a bowhunter -- and I use a recurve at that.

You are absolute wrong in your statement.




:cow:
 
redguru said:
Hard to do with a 1100 pound hog. When my grandfather would butcher hogs, he'd hit it between the eyes with a .22 and that would only knock it out long enough to get it lifted by the hind legs to slit its throat. Sometimes it would take 3 or 4 shots point blank just to stun a large hog. That .50 pistol has a lot of stunning power but I bet the bullets would be found in the thick layer of subQ fat that hog had. I am just glad they tracked it and killed it after wounding it.

One never trieds to kill something they aren't equipped to kill. That's where the unethical killing comes in to play... it then becomes a blood sport, not ethical hunting.




:cow:
 
Also, I bet every nearby vegetable farmer was happy to hear that thing is now ham hocks. The reason the wild hog hunting season is year round is because four or five pigs can decimate an acre of corn in a day.
 
redguru said:
Also, I bet every nearby vegetable farmer was happy to hear that thing is now ham hocks. The reason the wild hog hunting season is year round is because four or five pigs can decimate an acre of corn in a day.

TITCR. Farmers around here often appreciate and allow (and even pay for) hunting on their property to control the rampant deer problem.




:cow:
 
samoth said:
One never trieds to kill something they aren't equipped to kill. That's where the unethical killing comes in to play... it then becomes a blood sport, not ethical hunting.




:cow:
I don't think the kid thought it would take that many shots to kill it either.

boars are hard to kill. One that big would put up a hell of a fight.

I grew up on a farm and saw lots of hogs slaughtered. It's GRUESOME, almost always. Not for the faint of heart. They SCREAM like a person when you kill them. I saw men with rifles shoot them right in the head and it still often took more than one shot. I don't think the kid meant to be an unethical hunter. He just had a hard time getting it to finally go down.
 
Oh yeah, and chickens would often get hung up by their feet on a clothes line and women would go down the line of chickens and cut their heads off and let the blood drain on the ground. Or you chase them, grab them by the heads and give em a spin over your head.

None of it looks too nice and friendly for the animal, but I got tired of being a vegetarian...lol.
 
samoth said:
I am a bowhunter -- and I use a recurve at that.

You are absolute wrong in your statement.




:cow:

Not "absolutely wrong" if you consider a "clean kill" immediate death. Archery kills rely on bleed out or lung shots to drop the animal and I'm not seeing how that is more ethical for you. As for one shot kills only making records that is definately wrong. Almost all large game animals on record have taken more than one shot kills. From my 20 odd years of hunting I have seen larger(record) animals harder to bring down and rarely do hunters get perfect shots on them, one reason they lived to be records.
 
heatherrae said:
I don't think the kid thought it would take that many shots to kill it either.

boars are hard to kill. One that big would put up a hell of a fight.

I grew up on a farm and saw lots of hogs slaughtered. It's GRUESOME, almost always. Not for the faint of heart. They SCREAM like a person when you kill them. I saw men with rifles shoot them right in the head and it still often took more than one shot. I don't think the kid meant to be an unethical hunter. He just had a hard time getting it to finally go down.

No excuse.

No one with a shred of common sense stands by and watches their ten-year-old kid try and pellet-gun a half-ton animal. That's why I have trouble believing this whole article -- it's so rediculous that it's almost unbelievable. (Well, at least in the civilized world.)




:cow:
 
heatherrae said:
I don't think the kid thought it would take that many shots to kill it either.

boars are hard to kill. One that big would put up a hell of a fight.

I grew up on a farm and saw lots of hogs slaughtered. It's GRUESOME, almost always. Not for the faint of heart. They SCREAM like a person when you kill them. I saw men with rifles shoot them right in the head and it still often took more than one shot. I don't think the kid meant to be an unethical hunter. He just had a hard time getting it to finally go down.

Evidently you didn't read the part where the father and friends could have killed the animal at any time with their high powered rifles. They wanted the boy to get the kill. They should be hung by their balls for a day to see what it feels like to want to die, but not be able to.
 
sfmonster said:
Not "absolutely wrong" if you consider a "clean kill" immediate death. Archery kills rely on bleed out or lung shots to drop the animal and I'm not seeing how that is more ethical for you. As for one shot kills only making records that is definately wrong. Almost all large game animals on record have taken more than one shot kills. From my 20 odd years of hunting I have seen larger(record) animals harder to bring down and rarely do hunters get perfect shots on them, one reason they lived to be records.
A clean shot is the goal, but I agree with you that often animals, especially big game, require more than one shot. I'm not a fan of killing animals purely for sport, but if you are going to eat it or donate the meat, I have no criticisms.
 
biteme said:
Evidently you didn't read the part where the father and friends could have killed the animal at any time with their high powered rifles. They wanted the boy to get the kill. They should be hung by their balls for a day to see what it feels like to want to die, but not be able to.


Yeah, because a pig is equal to a human. Don't equivocate with me as you eat a steak.
 
sfmonster said:
Not "absolutely wrong" if you consider a "clean kill" immediate death. Archery kills rely on bleed out or lung shots to drop the animal and I'm not seeing how that is more ethical for you. As for one shot kills only making records that is definately wrong. Almost all large game animals on record have taken more than one shot kills. From my 20 odd years of hunting I have seen larger(record) animals harder to bring down and rarely do hunters get perfect shots on them, one reason they lived to be records.

Nine shots with a pellet gun or whatever on a half-ton animal is to humerous for me to take seriously, really.

Clean =/= instantaneous. Clean = quick. Quick =/= three hours. Nine shots + inadequate weapon + three hours == unethical.

There existed a way to kill the animal quickly, but it was not exercised.




:cow:
 
biteme said:
Evidently you didn't read the part where the father and friends could have killed the animal at any time with their high powered rifles. They wanted the boy to get the kill. They should be hung by their balls for a day to see what it feels like to want to die, but not be able to.


lol at feelings of a hog. The other day I stepped on a spider and drove over a snake on my way to pick up a fish that I saw a guy on the pier catch and let flop around before gutting it live for me.
 
redguru said:
Yeah, because a pig is equal to a human. Don't equivocate with me as you eat a steak.

I didn't say that. Neither is a dog or cat, or are they? It's all relative to what one values. Would you torture a dog or cat, rather than kill them quickly?
 
samoth said:
Nine shots with a pellet gun or whatever on a half-ton animal is to humerous for me to take seriously, really.

Clean =/= instantaneous. Clean = quick. Quick =/= three hours. Nine shots + inadequate weapon + three hours == unethical.

There existed a way to kill the animal quickly, but it was not exercised.




:cow:


I would like to say that the article seems to state the father had the rifle aimed and ready when the child took the killing shot. It doesn't mean during the tracking time they had the rifles handy or at the ready.
 
redguru said:
I would like to say that the article seems to state the father had the rifle aimed and ready when the child took the killing shot. It doesn't mean during the tracking time they had the rifles handy or at the ready.

Yeah, I personally think the article leaves much to be desired.




:cow:
 
samoth said:
Nine shots with a pellet gun or whatever on a half-ton animal is to humerous for me to take seriously, really.

Clean =/= instantaneous. Clean = quick. Quick =/= three hours. Nine shots + inadequate weapon + three hours == unethical.

There existed a way to kill the animal quickly, but it was not exercised.




:cow:

Alright then I'll back off. lol. I understand your point for sure. I only care about the type of death for the animal to protect hunters rights. I understand things like this can only hurt hunters image and thus I am against it, as for the animal I don't give a shit.
 
biteme said:
I didn't say that. Neither is a dog or cat, or are they? It's all relative to what one values. Would you torture a dog or cat, rather than kill them quickly?

Here's where I have you. The horse, dog and cat aren't aware of their own mortality, same as the pig, cow or chicken.

A dog lays down it's life for a human because it is bred or trained to do so. When a human does the same thing it is much more noble because the human knows it can die.
 
sfmonster said:
Alright then I'll back off. lol. I understand your point for sure. I only care about the type of death for the animal to protect hunters rights. I understand things like this can only hurt hunters image and thus I am against it, as for the animal I don't give a shit.

I think we probably agree... lol. I'm pretty new to hunting so I see more on the textbook ethics prioritized, and stuff like Pope and Young's ethical messages and similarsuch.

Hell, I consider gun hunters and treestand bowhunters TTTSEFs, lol. Stalking and still-hunting = prestigious.




:cow:
 
redguru said:
Here's where I have you. The horse, dog and cat aren't aware of their own mortality, same as the pig, cow or chicken.

A dog lays down it's life for a human because it is bred or trained to do so. When a human does the same thing it is much more noble because the human knows it can die.

That is ridiculous. I know my dogs are afraid of death and they know what it is. You can debate that all you want. Still doesn't change the fact that the animal suffers greatly when it's killed negligently and I guarantee you, they are aware of that pain and suffer in the same fashion you would (with fear and shitting and pissing on yourself)
 
samoth said:
Nine shots with a pellet gun or whatever on a half-ton animal is to humerous for me to take seriously, really.

Clean =/= instantaneous. Clean = quick. Quick =/= three hours. Nine shots + inadequate weapon + three hours == unethical.

There existed a way to kill the animal quickly, but it was not exercised.




:cow:
It would have taken a very high powered rifle to down that big of an animal in one shot. Most people don't hunt in the United States expecting that they will need an elephant gun.

Have you ever shot a boar or seen a hog slaughtered? Every time you eat pork, you better feel guilty if you are that concerned. Let me tell you, hogs are wickedly intelligent. When they are going to be slaughtered, they KNOW it. It is NEVER a pretty clean shot, no suffering sort of thing. I have seen probably 100 of them killed. Not once did I see them just frolicing unaware and then a clean shot takes them down without them knowing what hit them. Usually, someone shoots them more than once or shoots them and then has to slit their throats DEEP to finally get them to die. In the dying process, they scream and flop around and rivers of blood go everywhere. That is just how it is. Either you learn to accept it or quit eating meat. I quit eating meat for about 6 years and then decided I really LIKE PORK...lol.
 
heatherrae said:
It would have taken a very high powered rifle to down that big of an animal in one shot. Most people don't hunt in the United States expecting that they will need an elephant gun.

Then a hunter doesn't attempt to shoot it. That's all there is to it. You don't try to kill something you aren't equipped to kill.

Have you ever shot a boar or seen a hog slaughtered? Every time you eat pork, you better feel guilty if you are that concerned. Let me tell you, hogs are wickedly intelligent. When they are going to be slaughtered, they KNOW it. It is NEVER a pretty clean shot, no suffering sort of thing. I have seen probably 100 of them killed. Not once did I see them just frolicing unaware and then a clean shot takes them down without them knowing what hit them. Usually, someone shoots them more than once or shoots them and then has to slit their throats DEEP to finally get them to die. In the dying process, they scream and flop around and rivers of blood go everywhere. That is just how it is. Either you learn to accept it or quit eating meat. I quit eating meat for about 6 years and then decided I really LIKE PORK...lol.

Tangent! :D




:cow:
 
On that, I don't agree Redguru. Try killing a hog. They know what you are up to especially if they have seen other hogs killed.
 
heatherrae said:
It would have taken a very high powered rifle to down that big of an animal in one shot. Most people don't hunt in the United States expecting that they will need an elephant gun.

Have you ever shot a boar or seen a hog slaughtered? Every time you eat pork, you better feel guilty if you are that concerned. Let me tell you, hogs are wickedly intelligent. When they are going to be slaughtered, they KNOW it. It is NEVER a pretty clean shot, no suffering sort of thing. I have seen probably 100 of them killed. Not once did I see them just frolicing unaware and then a clean shot takes them down without them knowing what hit them. Usually, someone shoots them more than once or shoots them and then has to slit their throats DEEP to finally get them to die. In the dying process, they scream and flop around and rivers of blood go everywhere. That is just how it is. Either you learn to accept it or quit eating meat. I quit eating meat for about 6 years and then decided I really LIKE PORK...lol.

quit laughing murderer. I don't eat pork. There's nothing funny about it.
 
samoth said:
I think we probably agree... lol. I'm pretty new to hunting so I see more on the textbook ethics prioritized, and stuff like Pope and Young's ethical messages and similarsuch.

Hell, I consider gun hunters and treestand bowhunters TTTSEFs, lol. Stalking and still-hunting = prestigious.




:cow:
Once you kill quite a few bigger animals, ESPECIALLY if you are going to bow hunt, you will have to track some sometimes. Those ethics are a noble goal, and I believe most all hunters really want to do that (for one thing, if you miss badly you can spoil the meat).

I never hunt but all the men in my family do and come home with the meat and the stories. I consider them very responsible and safe hunters, but they sometimes don't get an animal down in one shot. No one does that every time.
 
sfmonster said:
Alright then I'll back off. lol. I understand your point for sure. I only care about the type of death for the animal to protect hunters rights. I understand things like this can only hurt hunters image and thus I am against it, as for the animal I don't give a shit.

Perhaps if there is a god, he will not give a shit about you... That's something we will all have to find out, or not.
 
heatherrae said:
It would have taken a very high powered rifle to down that big of an animal in one shot. Most people don't hunt in the United States expecting that they will need an elephant gun.

Have you ever shot a boar or seen a hog slaughtered? Every time you eat pork, you better feel guilty if you are that concerned. Let me tell you, hogs are wickedly intelligent. When they are going to be slaughtered, they KNOW it. It is NEVER a pretty clean shot, no suffering sort of thing. I have seen probably 100 of them killed. Not once did I see them just frolicing unaware and then a clean shot takes them down without them knowing what hit them. Usually, someone shoots them more than once or shoots them and then has to slit their throats DEEP to finally get them to die. In the dying process, they scream and flop around and rivers of blood go everywhere. That is just how it is. Either you learn to accept it or quit eating meat. I quit eating meat for about 6 years and then decided I really LIKE PORK...lol.

dude had a .50 cal, the biggest legal caliber there is so he couldn't have brought more of a gun. Shot placement for a 11 year old was probably the problem. He had a pistol and since he was a little kid he probably didn't get close and make the "Samoth" shot he should have. Hopefully the kid learns from this and next time he hunt he will be proud of how he killed and not what he killed.
 
biteme said:
quit laughing murderer. I don't eat pork. There's nothing funny about it.
You eat beef then?

Ummm...I hate to tell you how they raise and kill beef...lol.

How about chicken? I explained how that was done above. At least on the farms, they have a somewhat decent life. The chickens you get at the grocery are often just kept in tiny little cages where they cant even move.
 
heatherrae said:
Once you kill quite a few bigger animals, ESPECIALLY if you are going to bow hunt, you will have to track some sometimes. Those ethics are a noble goal, and I believe most all hunters really want to do that (for one thing, if you miss badly you can spoil the meat).

I never hunt but all the men in my family do and come home with the meat and the stories. I consider them very responsible and safe hunters, but they sometimes don't get an animal down in one shot. No one does that every time.

Credited, but the rediculous claims of this article -- from lack of proper weapon, to number of shots, to time for kill, to supposed ability to exercise a quick kill -- is so out there that I'm comparing subgroups of events more than each individual situational hunt itself. This case here is such an outlier that virtually everything else would be comparably "ethical".




:cow:
 
heatherrae said:
You eat beef then?

Ummm...I hate to tell you how they raise and kill beef...lol.

No, I don't. and quit laughing. It should bother us as compassionate beings that creatures must sometimes suffer too much.. Maybe it's the Indian in me, and you are a traitor to your indian blood. lol
 
biteme said:
Perhaps if there is a god, he will not give a shit about you... That's something we will all have to find out, or not.
You're getting awfully worked up to be a meat eater. If you were a vegetarian you would have a better argument.
 
sfmonster said:
He had a pistol and since he was a little kid he probably didn't get close and make the "Samoth" shot he should have.

Dude, I can barely hit the target at ten yards, lol, let alone a consistent grouping.




:cow:
 
biteme said:
quit laughing murderer. I don't eat pork. There's nothing funny about it.
murderer????? :lmao:

I guess I am responsible for animal deaths in that I eat meat. Don't you?
 
biteme said:
Perhaps if there is a god, he will not give a shit about you... That's something we will all have to find out, or not.


Oh I'm pretty sure if there is a god he doesn't give a shit about me already or else I wouldn't be living in this hell of a world I'm in. But just like I am not a good human for not giving a shit about animals, he wouldn't be a very good god by not giving a shit about me correct? Maybe that hog was the satan of all hogs and that was the way he was meant to go if you are taking that route.
 
samoth said:
Dude, I can barely hit the target at ten yards, lol, let alone a consistent grouping.




:cow:


Next time I go hunting and I see a perfect shot I'm going to yell out "you pulled a samoth". Everyone will look at me crazy at first but before you know it you might be a legend. lol
 
heatherrae said:
murderer????? :lmao:

I guess I am responsible for animal deaths in that I eat meat. Don't you?


In that case I'll kill all the animals regardless if someone will eat them or not and martr myself for all meat eaters.(except meat eaters like aap, I'm not into that kind of meat)
 
samoth said:
Credited, but the rediculous claims of this article -- from lack of proper weapon, to number of shots, to time for kill, to supposed ability to exercise a quick kill -- is so out there that I'm comparing subgroups of events more than each individual situational hunt itself. This case here is such an outlier that virtually everything else would be comparably "ethical".




:cow:
I was more concerned that the parents were putting the child in danger when I saw the new story, actually. A boar is nothing to mess around with, let alone one that big. I think the father should have let the kid and him take a shot simultaneously and just let the kid just think that he killed it or I would have just left it alone and gotten away from it. I wouldn't have done it the same way that the father did, and, frankly, I would be super pissed off if it were my kid.

My only point is that you can't always just kill an animal with one shot, and I think they underestimated what it would take to kill the animal. Yeah, the father and other men should have taken the animal out after the first shot and just given the kid credit. He wouldn't know the difference.
 
heatherrae said:
murderer????? :lmao:

I guess I am responsible for animal deaths in that I eat meat. Don't you?

I'm not trying to be mean to you, it's just something that will always bother me. I hate to see needless suffering and a human dying in that fashion suffers no more than an animal, so it just really really sucks.
 
sfmonster said:
Next time I go hunting and I see a perfect shot I'm going to yell out "you pulled a samoth". Everyone will look at me crazy at first but before you know it you might be a legend. lol

I'd be more appropriate if you did that every time someone missed horribly and spends a half hour trying to retrieve their arrow, lol.

On the bright side, I've discovered the lighted-nock invention to be of incredible help in these situations, often reducing retrieval time in half of better.




:cow:
 
biteme said:
No, I don't. and quit laughing. It should bother us as compassionate beings that creatures must sometimes suffer too much.. Maybe it's the Indian in me, and you are a traitor to your indian blood. lol
Ummmmmmm...Native Americans were not vegetarians.


You are a vegetarian?
 
heatherrae said:
and I think they underestimated what it would take to kill the animal.

A HALF TON animal?!

... at least they realized that sling shots wouldn't work and skipped straight to the guns...




:cow:
 
samoth said:
A HALF TON animal?!

... at least they realized that sling shots wouldn't work and skipped straight to the guns...




:cow:
They had pretty damn big rifles as noted by another poster.
 
heatherrae said:
Ummmmmmm...Native Americans were not vegetarians.


You are a vegetarian?

They apoligized to the animal before killing the animal. We are animals as well. We can't eat each other ( except for eating pussy) or there would be chaos, but ethically speaking I see no difference. If people were hungry enough, many of them would eat each other in order to survive.
 
biteme said:
I'm not trying to be mean to you, it's just something that will always bother me. I hate to see needless suffering and a human dying in that fashion suffers no more than an animal, so it just really really sucks.
do you eat meat at all? If you do, an animal died for it. Unfortunately, we don't wait for them to die in old age homes and then eat them. :rolleyes: So, if you eat any meat, trust me, it wasn't a good day for the animal you have on your plate. I can empathize with vegetarians who put forth that argument, but, honestly, it makes no sense coming from a meat eater to whine about an animal getting shot and eaten. Your consumption of animals fuels the demand for them and animals get shot or otherwise killed for your daily food needs.
 
Top Bottom