Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BMW Vs Lexus Which is the Better Car For the Money?

Lexus, never had any problems with mine. Been hearing about many people having issues with BMW and Mercedes lately.

You're going to get every answer under the sun on this question! I think you should just buy what you like. Both are beautiful cars with different characteristics. The BMW's are more sporty (appearance and drivability). The Lexus is smoother riding and tuned a little more towards "comfort".

Lexus has an excellent reliability history. BMW's used to be reliable, but they're having the same problem Mercedes is currently having....they've gone so high-tech in their computerization, that glitches with the electronics have brought down their ratings.

On the up side, however, BMW maintains its value better than any other vehicle on the road (they surpassed Mercedes in 2003), so lease rates on new BMW's are quite attractive, and they include normal maintenance. I've been quite pleased with mine in that regard. Even the brake pads are covered. Insurance companies charge extra for BMW, though (all BMW's carry a "high performance" surcharge with insurance companies).

In the end, however, I think I'd just take whichever one suits your personality and driving habits best.

Just to answer the original poster:

Lexus, and it's not close.

Any lexus you buy is arguably worth the money. There is no BMW worth the price they go for new or used. Low end BMWs are the worst value of any car.

letsrun4it said:
Just to answer the original poster:

Lexus, and it's not close.

Any lexus you buy is arguably worth the money. There is no BMW worth the price they go for new or used. Low end BMWs are the worst value of any car.

Agreed. German cars as a whole are notorious for poor electrical systems, high repair costs, and frequent breakdowns. Lexus all the way.

What the fuck is the deal with that SMELL all German cars have?

marshallmadman said:
Agreed. German cars as a whole are notorious for poor electrical systems, high repair costs, and frequent breakdowns. Lexus all the way.

What the fuck is the deal with that SMELL all German cars have?

Wow I thought I was the only one who noticed that

letsrun4it said:
Wow I thought I was the only one who noticed that

I was at work the other day, and was outside. We were walking to the job, and I smelled that smell. I looked around, and sure enough, 20 yards away was an old 4 door Jetta with all the windows down, and the wind blowing through it.

the german? audi has the best interiors according to everyone in the automotive press for years now.

and please...it basically comes down to this. if your a car guy get a BIMMER, and if you dont really give a shit if you can rip through turns at high speeds and feel like your on rails, or if you dont like driving stick shift, get the lexus. And also german cars have an entirely different feel to there suspensions compared to japenese autos. You are "connected" to the road which is essential for there to be a "sporty" feel and which basically means you are aware you are traveling over ground, and not floating around on soft springs.

BMW all the way. Owned several. Looking for more. Besides, all new BMWs come standard with a maint. program. You pay for nothing, except tires for five years. What other car company stands behind their cars like that? Not Lexus and certainly not M-B. And they have the highest retained value. And they drive like no other. Period.

Top Bottom