Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best prescription sleep aid

Ambien, been treating me good, get my 8 hours of sleep, but need a to have breakfast to clear your head and get busy

I am a true insomniac unfortunately. I was addiced to ambien for 2 years and it stopped working. Sonata never worked. Weed keeps me a wake even more. Xanax works but I only get 4 hours of sleep and its very addictive. I don't think trazadone can be considered safe for long term use. Klonopin and other benzo's are not safe at all for long term use and are addictive. None of these meds are suppose to be used for long term. Ambien I know is suppose to be perscribed for 14-30 days max. there is a new med thats being tested now for insomnia thats suppose to be better then anything else currently on the market. I can't remember the name however.

dr0832 said:
I am a true insomniac unfortunately. I was addiced to ambien for 2 years and it stopped working. Sonata never worked. Weed keeps me a wake even more. Xanax works but I only get 4 hours of sleep and its very addictive. I don't think trazadone can be considered safe for long term use. Klonopin and other benzo's are not safe at all for long term use and are addictive. None of these meds are suppose to be used for long term. Ambien I know is suppose to be perscribed for 14-30 days max. there is a new med thats being tested now for insomnia thats suppose to be better then anything else currently on the market. I can't remember the name however.

Yeh, nobody should make a habit of using a sleepaid regularly. They are extremely addictive....especially xanax (although I guess it isn't marketed as a sleep aid.). I wouldn't use them more than 1-2 times a week max.

The reason I asked the question is that I like to use some sort of sleep aid for the last few weeks before a bodybuilding competition. So I would not be using it long term at all. Luckily I have not had to use anything while preparing for my upcoming competition but I like to have something on hand just in case.

Clonzapam....hands down. The problem is .... the next day you are HUNG-OVER....but you'll easily get a solid 8 hours sleep.

Lowest said:
For me, Klonopin. A benzo like valium but with an intermediate half-life. Puts me right out and doesn't leave me groggy like valium. Ambien is a good choice as well, but it's not quite as effective for me as klonopin. Xanax will work also, but it's a short half-life, you're likely to wake up in the middle of the night when it wears off.

I give Klonopin, (Clonazepam) a two thumbs up rating. I take 3mg 45 min. before bed amongst the doxepin and zoloft, if im watching tv, i'll fall asleep and the TV could be on as loud as possible too, with insurance it is dirt cheap as well :)

Top Bottom