Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

belt or no belt?

spk55

doing light deadlifts, is it better to wear a belt or not? did no belt today, and i'm not sore. last week, i used a belt and was sore 3-4 hours later. just curious. noticed this on a few exercises. not heavy ones, but i would always wear a belt.. latley i am not ,and i dont seem to be sore in my lower back area.

thanks

doing light deadlifts, is it better to wear a belt or not? did no belt today, and i'm not sore. last week, i used a belt and was sore 3-4 hours later. just curious. noticed this on a few exercises. not heavy ones, but i would always wear a belt.. latley i am not ,and i dont seem to be sore in my lower back area.

thanks

I wore a belt for everything one day and for the next week right around my obliques had these huge bruises that looked like stretch marks. The blood flow there was so strong during deadlifts that when it got stuck there because the belt was tight it messed me up. Lesson: Only wear belt for heavy sets and don't wear it too tight.

I prefer no belt...ever. I see it as a crutch just like straps. You use a belt because your core is too weak to lift the weight whereas you use straps because your grip is too weak to lift the weight. I see the belt useful for when you are learning how to push your abs out for a stronger, stable position and for competing.

do not use any accesories unless you need them. strict form, proper weight, and focus is what you need.

Top Bottom