Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Barbell Rows

Mike_Rojas

I used to be very lazy and never do barbell rows. I've started doing them lately, and now I notice a major improvement in my posture. I used to have quite a rounded upper back. I used to do pullups, but they just don't have the same effect.

When doing barbell rows how wide are you guys going on your grip and to what point on your body do you pull the bar? I've always been a little unclear that.

Recently I have widened my grip to slightly wider than shoulder (which is still fairly narrow) and I pull to my diaphram.

anya said:
When doing barbell rows how wide are you guys going on your grip and to what point on your body do you pull the bar? I've always been a little unclear that.

Recently I have widened my grip to slightly wider than shoulder (which is still fairly narrow) and I pull to my diaphram.

I use a diff't grip each and every time I perform this exercise. Pronated and supinated grips respectively.

I pull the bar to my belly button EVERY time though.

Slight bend in the knees.

Arched back.

The lower my body is bent at the hips I recieve a more full pump in my entire back.

If my body is straight up I work my lower back predominantly.

PolishHammer1977 said:

I use a diff't grip each and every time I perform this exercise. Pronated and supinated grips respectively.

I pull the bar to my belly button EVERY time though.

Slight bend in the knees.

Arched back.

The lower my body is bent at the hips I recieve a more full pump in my entire back.

If my body is straight up I work my lower back predominantly.

How close to parallel to the floor would you say your torso is? I think I'm bending at the waist more than you are. I'm almost completely parallel. How wide do you go on your grip?

Thanks. :)

I'd like to know how everyone else performs their rows as well.

I usually go overhand, about shoulder width or slightly wider, pull to upper stomach, while at about a 45 degree angle to floor.

I go same width as my bench, which for me is pinky inside rings. A little wider than shoulder width. I pull to about the bottom of my ribcage. I'm not quite parallel.

anya said:

How close to parallel to the floor would you say your torso is? I think I'm bending at the waist more than you are. I'm almost completely parallel. How wide do you go on your grip?

Thanks. :)

Every possible angle.

Top Bottom