Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Barbell Hack Squats & Front Squats- Who Does Them???

I am pretty picky and hard headed when it comes to leg training.

I have never been a fan of front squats.. . I can't get the form to work for me. As for hacks. . . tried them on the machine a long time ago, but never with the barbell. Lunges. . hum. . .they feel good, but I can't seem to get any size or strength out of them.

I stick to the good ol' squat. . .I squat every 96 hours. . .I also include heavy, box, hypertrophy, and speed work.

well..........lol........ if you can convice my tight wad gym to buy one then i'll use a cambared bar i promise.

X

I don't know if I could do that, lol. but man o man that camber bar is great for ohp, it gets you used to holding the weight instead of resting it on your body

I tried hack squats yesterday. Couldn't even do them. I could do the 110 warmup alright, but when I lifted 180 I couldn't get it past my hamstrings. Skinned one of my calves too. All I could think was "this is the dumbest exercise I've ever tried." Hehe.

I'm going to make Front Squats, DB Lunges, and High Rep Squats(15-20 reps) staples in my leg routines from now on. Especially, since I plan on training at home.

Personally I love hack squats with a barbell. Just hit 565lbs off the floor last week. The bar actually scrapes me more with regular deads. My hacks have gone up extremely fast, though my mind set is to get the weight up to full extention by any means so Im using my low back alot also with the legs. I feel them more in the sides of my legs, but maybe its just how I do them. Not looking so much for the BB effects just want the strength Good to see a post on this forgotten exercise Hope that helps

Although I don't do front squats regularily, I think they are great for isolating quads. They allow me to go super deep comfortably, and they spare my back if it is torn up. In fact, I have yet to go heavy on front squats and feel a thing in my back.

Top Bottom