Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back Routine Critique...

If you wanna shake things up a little and kick your back into high gear....some shock therapy if you will, try supersetting chins/deadlifts ... or pull downs/deads. Give it all you have and I guarantee you will torch your entire back structure... It is not for the meek or weak of heart....

Peace

By the way, my back is thickening up quite nicely and the wings are growing too my friend and I have you to thank for that. Would you mind giving me a good chest workout? I am strong as a bull but I still not as big as I want to be. I am flat benching 405x6 (after 5 sets) and incline bench 315x7-8 reps (after 4 sets). I don't mess with decline just because of my shoulder although that is getting better every week!
By the way, who's back is that on your avatar? I would go to extraordinary measures to attain a back like that! Look at that thickness!

By the way, my back is thickening up quite nicely and the wings are growing too my friend and I have you to thank for that. Would you mind giving me a good chest workout? I am strong as a bull but I still not as big as I want to be. I am flat benching 405x6 (after 5 sets) and incline bench 315x7-8 reps (after 4 sets). I don't mess with decline just because of my shoulder although that is getting better every week!
By the way, who's back is that on your avatar? I would go to extraordinary measures to attain a back like that! Look at that thickness!

Hey thanks bro! That's former Mr Olympia Dorian Yates, him alone redifined the concept of HARDNESS. Your chest routine is just those two exercises?

Hey thanks bro! That's former Mr Olympia Dorian Yates, him alone redifined the concept of HARDNESS. Your chest routine is just those two exercises?

I knew it was Dorian! I have been checking out his clips on youtube and all I can say is DAMN! I've never seen such an amazing back with the exception of Ronnie.
Chest routine is as follows.
Flat bench:
Warm up Set 1: 135x25
Warm up Set 2: 225x5
Working Set 1: 315x10
working set 2: 365X8
working set 3: 415x4-6

Incline bench:
working set 1: 225x10
working set 2: 275x8-10
working set 3: 315x6-8
I do inclines on a smith press and do them either in a regular fashion or I put up the hooks and start the reps from the lowest position and explode from that position in every rep or else I'll do drop sets starting with 275lbs and go to failiure, drop a quarter (25lb plate) on each side and go to faliure and finally drop a wheel on each side (45lbs plate) and do from failure to 20 reps.

Decline press (omly when I have a spotter)
Working set 1: 145x15
working set 2: 225x12

or

Hammer Strength Decline press
working set 1: 2 platesx15
working set 2: 2 plates and 25lbs platex12
working set 3: 3 platesx10

Cable crossovers:
working set 1: 50lbsx15
working set 2: 60lbsx15
working set 3: 70lbsx15

seated cable fly/presses super sets:
working set 1: 40lbs 10x10
working set 2: 50lbs 10x10

Then I move on to triceps workout which consists of Cable Push Downs, Close Grip Bench Press, and Skull Crushers.

I already know what you are going to say "TOO MUCH VOLUME!" haha.

I knew it was Dorian! I have been checking out his clips on youtube and all I can say is DAMN! I've never seen such an amazing back with the exception of Ronnie.
Chest routine is as follows.
Flat bench:
Warm up Set 1: 135x25
Warm up Set 2: 225x5
Working Set 1: 315x10
working set 2: 365X8
working set 3: 415x4-6

Incline bench:
working set 1: 225x10
working set 2: 275x8-10
working set 3: 315x6-8
I do inclines on a smith press and do them either in a regular fashion or I put up the hooks and start the reps from the lowest position and explode from that position in every rep or else I'll do drop sets starting with 275lbs and go to failiure, drop a quarter (25lb plate) on each side and go to faliure and finally drop a wheel on each side (45lbs plate) and do from failure to 20 reps.

Decline press (omly when I have a spotter)
Working set 1: 145x15
working set 2: 225x12

or

Hammer Strength Decline press
working set 1: 2 platesx15
working set 2: 2 plates and 25lbs platex12
working set 3: 3 platesx10

Cable crossovers:
working set 1: 50lbsx15
working set 2: 60lbsx15
working set 3: 70lbsx15

seated cable fly/presses super sets:
working set 1: 40lbs 10x10
working set 2: 50lbs 10x10

Then I move on to triceps workout which consists of Cable Push Downs, Close Grip Bench Press, and Skull Crushers.

I already know what you are going to say "TOO MUCH VOLUME!" haha.

Well the volume it's ok.

Try this:

Warm-up with low pulley cable cross over to get a pump 2x10

Inclined barbell press 2x8 max weight

Weighted dips 2x8 max weight all the way down and don't lock your elbows on top

Low inclined Db cable flyes 2x8 don't go much lower than paralel and at the top twist you hands so your palms face yor legs and squeeze yor pecs by a second.

Db flat press 2x8 twist your wrists and try to get you knuckes to face each other at the top and squeeze hard but on't allow the dumbells to touch.

If you are able to do more reps do them and increase the weight next time.

Hope it helps and don't worry you won't loose strength on the bench press.

How much do you weight now and are you colombian?

Well the volume it's ok.

Try this:

Warm-up with low pulley cable cross over to get a pump 2x10

Inclined barbell press 2x8 max weight

Weighted dips 2x8 max weight all the way down and don't lock your elbows on top

Low inclined Db cable flyes 2x8 don't go much lower than paralel and at the top twist you hands so your palms face yor legs and squeeze yor pecs by a second.

Db flat press 2x8 twist your wrists and try to get you knuckes to face each other at the top and squeeze hard but on't allow the dumbells to touch.

If you are able to do more reps do them and increase the weight next time.

Hope it helps and don't worry you won't loose strength on the bench press.

How much do you weight now and are you colombian?

I thought for sure you were going to bust my chops like last time because of the high volume haha.
I am 5'9.5" at 280 lbs and am down to 16%bf. I have been lifting for about 5 years on and off and have gotten really serious about it since November of last year (approximately 10 months) and yes, I am Colombian. I used to be an endomorph (340 lbs) but now that I am lifting heavy and almost daily for the past 7 months, I am looking like a mesomorph along the lines of Brock Lesner. My ultimate goal would be to have the strenth, physique and size of the Polish Power - Mariusz Pudzianowski (I have to admit that when I saw videos of this guy, I was very impressed by his power, agility, and physique). I know it's a pipe dream but shit, my phylosophy is make big goals and you wont fall too short from those goals.
What about you?

I thought for sure you were going to bust my chops like last time because of the high volume haha.
I am 5'9.5" at 280 lbs and am down to 16%bf. I have been lifting for about 5 years on and off and have gotten really serious about it since November of last year (approximately 10 months) and yes, I am Colombian. I used to be an endomorph (340 lbs) but now that I am lifting heavy and almost daily for the past 7 months, I am looking like a mesomorph along the lines of Brock Lesner. My ultimate goal would be to have the strenth, physique and size of the Polish Power - Mariusz Pudzianowski (I have to admit that when I saw videos of this guy, I was very impressed by his power, agility, and physique). I know it's a pipe dream but shit, my phylosophy is make big goals and you wont fall too short from those goals.
What about you?

I used to be 5 8 and 110 pounds, a real ectonmorph but know I am 185 lbs, never done steroids and I'm still growing. I am planning to start with roids in November see how it goes. My knowledge comes from people like Nelson Montana, Charles Glass, Charles Poliquin, Bill Starr, Brian Mangravite, Ron Harris, Bob Kennedy, Louie Simmons and a long etc. I first start reading about it on the spanish publication of musclemag and muscle&fitness, that I bought on Spain 9 years ago. I'm from Portugal and I can speak and read fluently portuguese, spanish and english, so if you wanna speak spanish go ahead.

Both routines I gave you are multiangular and will allow you to stimulate all areas of those muscles, that's why they are effective.

Hey I would love to look like Marius Pudzianowsky
but my genetic limits will not allow me to be half the athlete he is. Your bodytipe seems to be adequate to going far on strength and hypertrophy.

I used to be 5 8 and 110 pounds, a real ectonmorph but know I am 185 lbs, never done steroids and I'm still growing. I am planning to start with roids in November see how it goes. My knowledge comes from people like Nelson Montana, Charles Glass, Charles Poliquin, Bill Starr, Brian Mangravite, Ron Harris, Bob Kennedy, Louie Simmons and a long etc. I first start reading about it on the spanish publication of musclemag and muscle&fitness, that I bought on Spain 9 years ago. I'm from Portugal and I can speak and read fluently portuguese, spanish and english, so if you wanna speak spanish go ahead.

Both routines I gave you are multiangular and will allow you to stimulate all areas of those muscles, that's why they are effective.

Hey I would love to look like Marius Pudzianowsky
but my genetic limits will not allow me to be half the athlete he is. Your bodytipe seems to be adequate to going far on strength and hypertrophy.
Damn now that's what I call progress. Kudos to you my friend. By the way, I am really looking forward to this chest routine because the changes in my back are becoming quite evident. Lats are popping out a lot more with out any flexing and now I am able to see the thickness in my middle back which I was always self conscious about.
Charles Glass is a mother of a trainer. I've seen the great work he's been doing with Gunter over the years and also the changes he has made to Spain's Silvio Samuel's back. They don't call the trainer to the champions for nothing right?
As for my body type, we'll see. I am a big guy for sure, I am just hope I can get that big.

Top Bottom