Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Atkins, Anabolics, Cutting

sureshot33

I know that Carbs are a necessity when trying to "gain muscle size and strength, but would and Atkins type diet (5-6 days a week) during a cutting cycle work with a stack of EQ & Winny?

Would the 5-6 "no-carb" days cause me to lose muscle even if I was getting PLENTY of protien?

Thanks in advance guys,
SURESHOT33

Well, taking a.s. affords you a luxury that you should take advantage of, that is to build muscle. Using a.s. like some cheap thermogenic is just...well, I don't know what, but it's not good, lol.

Sure, limit your carbs, but the gear will help you burn fat anyways, so why not try to get some muscle gain. The scale might not change, but you will be losing fat and gaining meat. Try that with just eca. You can't.

Take advantage.

sureshot33 said:
So, in other words, it's a known fact that you can't "?add muscle" while on a no carb diet?

No, you can add muscle while on a no carb diet or a low carb diet. It is just without insulin, this ability is hampered.

When you are saying Atkins? I hope you are refering to something like BodyOpus or Anabolic Diet. This is a sure way to gain some quality muscle while burning up a good amount of fat. (CKD)

You basically eat no carbs, only FAT/Protein (70%/30%), for 5 days, then you carb-up for 2 days.
Here is a sample way of getting into ketosis and staying in it:
Sample for a 100lb person:

A) CALCULATION A (getting into ketosis 2-3days)
1)muliply >bodyweight x 12 = (X1)
EX: 100lb x 12 = 1200 cal
2) Multiply> bodyweight x .4 g/protein=(X2)
-> multipy (X2) by 4, which equals amount of cal from protein...ex: 100lb x .4 = 40g (protein a day) x 4=160cal from protein
3)Subtract > X1 - X2 = (X3) Cal in fat needed
ex: 1200 - 160=1040cal
4) Divide> X3 divided by 9 = grams of fat a day needed
ex: 1040 divided 9=115 g fat
->you see, here the ratio is about 3:1 fat/protein
B) CALCULATION B(staying in ketosis after 2-3d)
1)muliply >bodyweight x 12 = (X1)
EX: 100lb x 12 = 1200 cal
2) Multiply> bodyweight x .9 g/protein=(X2)
-> multipy (X2) by 4, which equals amount of cal from protein...
ex: 100lb x .9 = 90g (protein a day) x 4=360cal from protein
3)Subtract > X1 - X2 = (X3) Cal in fat needed
ex: 1200 - 360=840cal
4) Divide> X3 divided by 9 = grams of fat a day needed
ex: 840 divided 9=93 g fat

Yes, you can gain quality muscle while on "gear" and using CKD, as long as you have the carb-up's then it's a very good diet. But, otherwise, without insulin it's hard to say that muscle gain is a possibility.

Mr.X

:cool:

Mr. X, you put way too much work into those figures. Ketosis is a function of the liver having no carbs, so it resorts to ketones. Fat is only used as a ballast for calories. In other words, you go as low as possible on carbs, plug in the protein you want, and the rest is fat. Mathematics is exact, dealing with your body is not.

One thing to note, a good portion of protein is converted into glucose by the body (something like 58%). So, if your protein level is sky high, you may have enough for your body to secrete insulin. If you are already in ketosis, this is harder to do, and the longer you are in ketosis, the easier it is to stay there, i.e. having some carbs won't necessarily kick you out of ketosis.

Also note, being in ketosis does not mean you are burning body fat, just that you are burning fat. You still need a calorie deficit to burn body fat. Also, you can still burn body fat and not be in ketosis. And if you are going to be in long term ketosis, you better be drinking water often. Often is the key, not just 3 times a day of drinking lots of water. Not having carbs limits your body's ability to hold onto water, and this can adversely affect fat loss, joints, body functions, etc. It is like pouring water through a sieve.

Or better yet, get Lyle McDonald's book on ketogenic dieting. It is available at davedraper.com and amazon.com.

Top Bottom