Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Atkins, Anabolics, Cutting

Because while in ketosis you are dehydrated. Period. Carbs help the body retain water. Like I said, it has been likened to pouring water into a sieve. Have you ever made macaroni and cheese and strained the macaroni in a colander? In ketosis, your body is a colander, pouring water in it only keeps it wet very briefly. And your joints suffer, especially if you lift heavy objects, i.e. weight lifting.

Water is very important in fatloss, if your liver isn't sufficiently hydrated, it will not burn fat as efficiently. Water is important for a whole host of other reasons, but suffice it to say, drink plenty of water, and often.

Jay robb Has an modified diet ..I believe better than actkins.....Its called the fat burning diet...i has used it Felt great all the time modified for bodybuilders.....

Works or i wouldn't post it
good luck

sureshot33 said:
Well, I'm 350lbs, 6ft 7. I drink 2-3 gallons a day normally. Is this enough during ketosis also?

That should be fine.

I don't know if I am going to do the ketosis thing again. I felt great while on. I think mainly because ketosis hampers your immune system, and since I have pretty bad allergies, they bothered me much less. But it is a grind doing it for weeks and weeks. And the carb ups typically bring about pathological eating habits, which aren't healthy in the long run. If I were to help someone out now, I would tell them to see how they respond to cutting out all simple sugars, and no carbs after say 5 or 6pm.

Oh yeah, another thing on that immune system thing, if you do get sick, throw in some carbs. Also, if you really want to do this diet, buy Lyle McDonald's book. There is so much more knowledge there, it is amazing. Great informative book.

Anyways, the lowcarb, no-carb diet is so anti-social, and I now know my body well enough that I can get similar results without going to the zero carb range, that I just lower my carbs, and cut out the simple sugars.

That, and when it gets cooler, I will go with dnp. At that point, it just doesn't fucking matter, you just lose fat baby, lol. ;)

Top Bottom