Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ask Lee Labrada? Chest!!

DJRAZR

I posted my chest routine, and asked him if this would be great for growth gains. Now he has a staff. This is what i posted as far as my chest routine is concerned

I do chest every monday:
db incline 3sets 4-6
db flat 3 sets 4-6
Weighted dips 3 sets 4-6

Here's there answer

Hi there,

You will need to hit your chest more often than every 6-7 days. Try
every
4-5. It will always remain in the "alarm" stage and never really hit
the
growth stage, which is where you want to be. Also, you need a little
bit
more volume in your routine. Try 3 sets flat bench, 3 sets incline
dumbbell, and one more strength move - such as either a high incline
flye,
or a cable cross over, a pec dec, or chest press, then add your dips at
the
end to failure. That is 16 sets and you should see some growth.

Yours in Health,

Kim Webb C.P.T.

DISCLAIMER. By transmitting an e-mail to Labrada

Nutrition, to ask a question, I understand that the person who replies

to my e-mail is not a licensed health-care provider and will not have

examined me or discussed my health condition with me. I also understand
that

he/she is not giving medical advice. Therefore, I acknowledge that the

suggestions that I may receive are not intended as a substitute for

consultation with a qualified professional, i.e. my doctor. Before I
begin
any

nutrition, supplementation, and/or training program, I will consult my
physician

to ensure that I am in good health and that the regimen suggested will
not

harm me. I will also read all labels for the products that I might use.

If I experience any unusual symptoms after following the suggestions, I

will stop taking the product and/or performing the exercise and call my

physicianI release Labrada from any liability related to the

suggestions I might have.

Very nice!

Theres many ways you can go about it, and everyone responds differently to different stimulation. That said, 16 sets is not a bad starting routine. As far as frequency you can hit it twice a week if you are recovered. I usually found no added benefit to extra frequency. Once a week is perfect for me, for most areas. I do tend to hit shoulders twice a week atleast. Thats about it.

The key is to blast the fuck out of the area you are targeting. Once you get your intensity and connection with that muscle to a high level, you can generate much more efficient work. That way you dont need as much frequency and you will gain more benefit from extra rest days, by feeding the torn up muscle heavily.

It may take some time to get to that point, so if you can handle twice a week without being too beat up to perform well, then you can try it. The main things are really consistancy in all areas, progressive training,heavy eating and rest. Its that simple. The movements you perform should be based on what YOU feel the most. Not on what someone tells you to do. Focus on those movements. Dont do shit that you dont really feel. Its a waste of energy. We all differ structurally, so there is no one answer.

Id reccomend keeping a journal that lists all your meals and taking measurements once a year atleast, and charting them with some pictures. You wont notice the changes otherwise. Its very gradual. Also list your entire routines. This will allow you to train progressively. Always aim to add reps and/or weight on each main set. I dont reccomend saving strength by cutting down reps on the moderate weight sets. Those sets then end up being pretty useless. I reccomend you take all sets to failure and beyond with intensity techniques. Dropsets, rest pause, etc, and they can be mixed as well.

Start with aiming for records on your earlier sets. Finish off the pyramid and descend down it by dropsetting, since you will not likely be hitting records in that pre exhausted state. Youll get the descension done quicker and your get the benefit of no rest sets, tearing up the muscle. You get strength and size this way. Never good to neglect either type of training. Fuck sticking with one rep range. If you are pyramiding up and down in weight, then you will hit the full spectrum of rep ranges. This is the best way to train , in my opinion.

Your body will respond differently to different rep ranges. Youll develop a fuller spectrum of strength as well. High reps and lower reps. Dont worry about being so rigid and counting your sets. Fuck that. Just train the shit and bang it out as hard as you can. When you feel youve anihilated the area, then maybe leave. Pushing volume as well as strength will make you better all around.

Hitting sets to failure as you ascend the pyramid also makes it harder to hit records the higher up on the pyramid you get. This means if you are breaking records in a heavily pre exhausted state, you are actually getting much stronger and would do much better fresh. You dont need to test that all the time though.

Lastly, remember that one rep max doesnt really build anything except your ego. The reps are what build muscle and ultimately power and rep endurance. One rep shouldnt be abused.

My personal experience with this is , back when I was trying to break 405 lb flat bench in 2004, I fell short and only hit 395. I had to then take 2 years off due to ruptured discs in spine. This was also from my abusive training of maxing out, 1 rep max, 3 times a week or more. (deadlift, deadlift with bar behind legs, incline bench, flat bench). Also training 6-8 hour sessions atleast twice a week. I ended up fucked up.

By the time I got back to where I was it was maybe 2009. By 2010 I hit 405 when I no longer gave a fuck about one rep max. I learned to let that go when I couldnt train for two years. I hit 405 as an after thought , and after doing other pre exhaustive work. I was already up to hitting 315x23. I couldve one rep maxed alot more, but did not give a fuck anymore. I was getting bigger and stronger with all the REP work. Youll develop so much strength that way, that your previous one rep max goal may be a joke by that stage. Moving 315x23 for example, 405 felt like nothing to blast up.

So keep that in mind, and learn from my experience.

KILL THAT SHIT !!

Theres many ways you can go about it, and everyone responds differently to different stimulation. That said, 16 sets is not a bad starting routine. As far as frequency you can hit it twice a week if you are recovered. I usually found no added benefit to extra frequency. Once a week is perfect for me, for most areas. I do tend to hit shoulders twice a week atleast. Thats about it.

The key is to blast the fuck out of the area you are targeting. Once you get your intensity and connection with that muscle to a high level, you can generate much more efficient work. That way you dont need as much frequency and you will gain more benefit from extra rest days, by feeding the torn up muscle heavily.

It may take some time to get to that point, so if you can handle twice a week without being too beat up to perform well, then you can try it. The main things are really consistancy in all areas, progressive training,heavy eating and rest. Its that simple. The movements you perform should be based on what YOU feel the most. Not on what someone tells you to do. Focus on those movements. Dont do shit that you dont really feel. Its a waste of energy. We all differ structurally, so there is no one answer.

Id reccomend keeping a journal that lists all your meals and taking measurements once a year atleast, and charting them with some pictures. You wont notice the changes otherwise. Its very gradual. Also list your entire routines. This will allow you to train progressively. Always aim to add reps and/or weight on each main set. I dont reccomend saving strength by cutting down reps on the moderate weight sets. Those sets then end up being pretty useless. I reccomend you take all sets to failure and beyond with intensity techniques. Dropsets, rest pause, etc, and they can be mixed as well.

Start with aiming for records on your earlier sets. Finish off the pyramid and descend down it by dropsetting, since you will not likely be hitting records in that pre exhausted state. Youll get the descension done quicker and your get the benefit of no rest sets, tearing up the muscle. You get strength and size this way. Never good to neglect either type of training. Fuck sticking with one rep range. If you are pyramiding up and down in weight, then you will hit the full spectrum of rep ranges. This is the best way to train , in my opinion.

Your body will respond differently to different rep ranges. Youll develop a fuller spectrum of strength as well. High reps and lower reps. Dont worry about being so rigid and counting your sets. Fuck that. Just train the shit and bang it out as hard as you can. When you feel youve anihilated the area, then maybe leave. Pushing volume as well as strength will make you better all around.

Hitting sets to failure as you ascend the pyramid also makes it harder to hit records the higher up on the pyramid you get. This means if you are breaking records in a heavily pre exhausted state, you are actually getting much stronger and would do much better fresh. You dont need to test that all the time though.

Lastly, remember that one rep max doesnt really build anything except your ego. The reps are what build muscle and ultimately power and rep endurance. One rep shouldnt be abused.

My personal experience with this is , back when I was trying to break 405 lb flat bench in 2004, I fell short and only hit 395. I had to then take 2 years off due to ruptured discs in spine. This was also from my abusive training of maxing out, 1 rep max, 3 times a week or more. (deadlift, deadlift with bar behind legs, incline bench, flat bench). Also training 6-8 hour sessions atleast twice a week. I ended up fucked up.

By the time I got back to where I was it was maybe 2009. By 2010 I hit 405 when I no longer gave a fuck about one rep max. I learned to let that go when I couldnt train for two years. I hit 405 as an after thought , and after doing other pre exhaustive work. I was already up to hitting 315x23. I couldve one rep maxed alot more, but did not give a fuck anymore. I was getting bigger and stronger with all the REP work. Youll develop so much strength that way, that your previous one rep max goal may be a joke by that stage. Moving 315x23 for example, 405 felt like nothing to blast up.

So keep that in mind, and learn from my experience.

KILL THAT SHIT !!

Fuckin preach bro! That shit was on POINT!

Thanks for sharing that wisdom, really corresponds with the way I'm pushing myself to train these days.

Sometimes it's a bitch to leave the ego at the door, but ever since I have checked myself, and lost all fucks given about how strong I looked in the gym I've seen an immense difference in growth and strength!!

At the end of the day in the world of bodybuilding, all that matters is how much you LOOK like you can lift!! 💯💯

Fuckin preach bro! That shit was on POINT!

Thanks for sharing that wisdom, really corresponds with the way I'm pushing myself to train these days.

Sometimes it's a bitch to leave the ego at the door, but ever since I have checked myself, and lost all fucks given about how strong I looked in the gym I've seen an immense difference in growth and strength!!

At the end of the day in the world of bodybuilding, all that matters is how much you LOOK like you can lift!! 💯💯

Appreciate that shit brother !!

Ive learned alot in the last 21 years since I started. Through alot of pain, trial and error and taking myself out. I never gave a fuck when I felt invincible, as Id deal with the consequences later, but eventually had to face them and work through and around them. It was always more of an exorcism to me, than for the growth and size results, but beyond the vent I always wanted strength and size. I was never interested in just being massive, as I saw that alot when I was smaller and out lifting those that were MUCH larger. I dont believe it was anything genetic as my muscle growth was EXTREMELY slow and forced , and though Ive never been on consistant heavy hormone use, I still can only hit a 20 inch arm with a pump and 19 1/2 cold flexed. Though I believe with sheer will you can break barriers and should never focus on percieved limits. Just keep banging shit out and forcing shit to happen. Mental drive can break down alot of "barriers", especially when you are willing to enter places of pain and endurance that others are unwilling to go, even if they have better genetics.

KILL THAT SHIT !!

Top Bottom