Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are you guys fast learners?

I would have to say that it depends on how interested I am in the subject matter, as to whether or not I retain information.

If I find the topic or material uninteresting, I may have to reread the material several times before grasping the concept. If I enjoy it, and am eager to learn, it comes quite easily.

I am not, but when i get good at something I can master it and be better than a lot of people who seemed to pick it up almost immediatley. I read quite slowly as well...
Having these attributes just made getting through college more of a chore than I feel like it should have been. I out perform most in job performance as well, but at first my old boss actually tried to get rid of me. 6 months later she wanted me take her position once she moved on. I had already been in my position for six months when she didn't care whether I quit or if I got fired. Even though I don't watch Nascar at all, I saw a quote by Jimmie Johnson saying he doesn't pick things up quickly either. People such as this I think tend to be better teachers than most as we understand the importance of being patient with others who aren't quick learners. Here's my long winded post of the month :)

You're a thorough learner. Sometimes that's better than being a fast learner.

I'm a fast learner and have always been that way. The hardest part for me is trying to teach someone something that isn't a fast learner. I often get frustrated that they don't pick it up as quickly because it seems so easy to me. However, my patience has gotten much better. I think as I get older I mellow out more. :)

i picked my guitar back up after it sat in the corner for 20 years. . .i've been taking lessons with my one daughter. . .i've improved significantly at quite a few things that we've been learning. . .but, i've been dicking around with the same three really simple songs for two months now and my progress has been slow and painful (even though i'm having an absolute blast). . .i know all the chords/notes and i play a couple of times a day, but i can't get through any of them yet without fucking up. . .usually pretty badly. . .so. . .i'd say no. . .

Top Bottom