Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are BCAA's right for me?

BenchBoss

I'm starting a new segment for part of my off-season football training program. It's mostly power, speed, and endurance training, so I was wondering if I could possibly benefit from taking BCAA's. I'll also be taking creatine, and a protein shake post work out, but I'm willing to swap one for the other (meaning protein for BCAA) if it will benefit.

Here my workout.

10 yard, 20 yard, 40 yard sprints. One set of 5 of each to start, 3-4 times a week, working up to 10 sprints per distance.

Lifting, 3 sets of 8-10 reps lifting quickly but in a controlled manner, doing two exercises per muscle group. I'm not looking for maximum weight lifted on these. Speed is the key; controlled speed.

Training days are Monday Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

To me it would seem that BCAA's would indeed be useful given my current routine... what do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

Thanks all, new to the forum btw! :supercool

BCAAs are basically protein, so your question is like asking if you could benefit from protein. BCAAs are very useful before, during, and after workouts as well as in between meals to keep protein synthesis going. Are you taking anything preworkout? If not then maybe take some BCAAs preworkout and keep your post workout protein shake. Getting some form of protein before and after workouts is crucial.

BCAAs are basically protein, so your question is like asking if you could benefit from protein. BCAAs are very useful before, during, and after workouts as well as in between meals to keep protein synthesis going. Are you taking anything preworkout? If not then maybe take some BCAAs preworkout and keep your post workout protein shake. Getting some form of protein before and after workouts is crucial.

Never used preworkouts before. I'm only 17, and have plenty 'nuff energy without em! ;) Would you recommend taking the BCAA's both before weight training, and speed training. I plan on doing both in the same day.

I'm going to be getting TruNutrition Science Trutein protein btw.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Never used preworkouts before. I'm only 17, and have plenty 'nuff energy without em! ;) Would you recommend taking the BCAA's both before weight training, and speed training. I plan on doing both in the same day.

I'm going to be getting TruNutrition Science Trutein protein btw.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Yes, yes, and yes! Better recovery, assist in building lean muscle tissue, and keeps catabolism at bay! I would grab some powdered BCAA's (flavored of course) and put it in your water and sip it during your training as well...but don't substitute real protein and food with it...it is an addition while training!

Another awesome BCAA product is Gear from NTBM, which I use personally, but I like to drink my BCAA's while training too...but I am a bodybuilder so my goals are different than yours...hopefully I didn't confuse you too much.

Yes, yes, and yes! Better recovery, assist in building lean muscle tissue, and keeps catabolism at bay! I would grab some powdered BCAA's (flavored of course) and put it in your water and sip it during your training as well...but don't substitute real protein and food with it...it is an addition while training!

Another awesome BCAA product is Gear from NTBM, which I use personally, but I like to drink my BCAA's while training too...but I am a bodybuilder so my goals are different than yours...hopefully I didn't confuse you too much.

Cool, thanks! I've got some flavored power on the way now. I think I'll stretch it a little by taking half a scoop before training, and the other half during.

What's you personal opinion about the capsules? I've read you need to take BCAA's throughout the day to ensure you get the most out of them, (Between meals and such.) and having them in a pill form seems easier to take than having to mix it up and drink it.

Thanks.

Cool, thanks! I've got some flavored power on the way now.

What's you personal opinion about the capsules? I've read you need to take BCAA's throughout the day to ensure you get the most out of them, (Between meals and such.) and having them in a pill form seems easier to take than having to mix it up and drink it.

Thanks.

That is what Gear is...capsules. I drink my BCAA's during training, and take Gear inbetween meals and at bedtime so I have a constant flood of aminos throughout the day. Gear to me is one of the best amino products on the market, but if on a budget then just grab BCAA's from a reputable company. Also due to the popularity of Gear, it is sold out at moment. NOW vitamins and supplements make a BCAA capsule form product that you can find at most vitamin stores, or even online. Do what your budget allows you to and train hard bro!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

If you want a good amino supp in capsule form -- go with GEAR. It's the best.

Try the powerchews BCAA's. Tastiest and most convenient way to get your BCAA's in :)

Top Bottom