Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone travel alot for work(scots and others)

theoak01

Im talking 2-3 weeks at a time

just curious to how you get your training in,all your meals,do you eat out alot if not how do you maintain a healthy diet living out of a suitcase.

do most hotels come with irons and that type of shit?

sorry for all the stupid questions,im just trying to get things sorted in my head for when I get this new job and will be living this way.

protein bars and prepackaged tuna mmmmmmmm

i always travel with them and some noodles for my carbs

the hotels vary, sometimes they have an iron sometimes they don't, sometimes they have electric ranges refrig and sink but don't have an iron, just ask when you call to make reservations.

i also find a local gym to lift at when i make reservations at a hotel so i know where i can go to get my work outs in. also a lot of higher quality hotels have breakfast buffets where you can get everything you need for a good start.

so you basically pay daily to lift at a gym? thats kinda pricey,theres got to be a better way.

that kind of diet would also drive me fricken nuts,theres got to be variety of a healthy nature

Most hotels at least have cardio equipment. Others (the higher end ones) have full blown gyms. The ones I stay at most of the time, Marriot, Holiday Inn, Courtyard, and Best Westerns usually have at a minimum, a decent dumbell rack an a good bench machine. It's kinda hit or miss sometimes, but the hotels that have nothing can usually point you in the right direction to a Ballys or something, where you flash your hotel key and they allow you to work out for free.

Far as food goes, make sure you request a fridge in your room first off, from there you can at least make sure your shakes are kept cold. And if your lucky enough to get a stove like you get at a Residence inn or and Extended Stay America (closets), you can cook food that is actually good for you.

It all depends on the hotel bro. If you have any more specific questions, just ask. I've been traveling for the better part of the last 12 years and have stayed in almost every hotel chain you can imagine.

I guess its all going to depends on what kind of room the company is going to pay for me to stay in,since it will be longer term,2-3 weeks im thinking ill be in a ghetto motel,which will likely have the stove etc,but no gym. but thats ok id rather have that so I can eat good and just do bodyweight exercises in my room if it comes down to that,then be able to lift but eat like shit

TheOak01 said:
I guess its all going to depends on what kind of room the company is going to pay for me to stay in,since it will be longer term,2-3 weeks im thinking ill be in a ghetto motel,which will likely have the stove etc,but no gym. but thats ok id rather have that so I can eat good and just do bodyweight exercises in my room if it comes down to that,then be able to lift but eat like shit

If you get put in a fleabag, (which you may not, because usually long term guys get taken care of well) look around the hotel. As you know, hotels are usually within close proximity of each other, and the business around them pop up accordingly. Grocery stores, laundymats, movie theaters, and gyms have never been a problem for me. There is usually always a gym within a few miles of any cluster of hotels, and on a few occasions, when my hotel wasn't giving out freebies, the gym worked with me because I was only going to be in town for a few weeks/months.

TheOak01 said:
thanks man,thats some good info

No prob. Anytime you have questions on streamlining your travel, or tips and tricks in general, just let me know. I'll give you some green when I can.

TheOak01 said:
bump for scots

It can truly be a bitch trying to keep up with training while travelling extensively. Try and find hotels that have refridgerators in them so you can keep food, milk, etc. cold. A microwave comes in super handy too. Most hotels only have cardio equipment and maybe a universal machine, so you'll want to get out the phone book as soon as you get there and search for local gyms or rec centers. One good way to approach it is to slightly over train yourself before heading out for more than a week so that you can use it as recovery time while you are travelling and not keeping a good workout schedule.

Most hotels will have irons/laundry service.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Top Bottom