Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone Take Martial Arts?

Judo not a martial art? You have never been thrown I guess. Any style of combat that uses paricular skill sets, theories and applications. Most have strengths and weaknesses and are incomplete in one or more ranges.
Some depend on certain body types for best results. Weapons, no weapons, Full Contact , no Contact, belt ranking or competition results can gage progression.

Boxing, Wrestling, Shootfighting, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Chess, Tai Chi, Hapkido, Sambo, Judo ............................ . I like to learn from any source and use what I find fits my mind, body and strategy. I have 73 matches between Am and Pro events in 3 and a half years of training.

If anyone is near North Jersey I run an open mat training session every Wednesday night. Details on my site.

chokeu2 said:
Absolutely! I have trained on and off for the past 18 years. predominantly Muay Thai, Kali and BJJ. I am competitive. And also about to open a school in the atlanta area, just in case anyone is interested. My friend and business partner is a 5th deg BJJ BB from CBJJ. And those of you that know BJJ, that is a rare breed. He is a former coach from Carlson Gracie Sr team. We also do firearms work. Wanna train, really hard? Drop me a line. You will hate me for it.

------------------
Open Mind, Closed Fist

choke what is the name of the 5th degree black belt that you train with??? that is very rare in bjj. i train under a 2nd degree bb that got it from carlson. i have been training for about 5 years........first under rickson, then luis heridia and now under ronie salles. no nhb yet but i have done some submission tournaments and been to the mundials.

Karate for 6 years, kung-fu for 1 (haven't done any for about 8 years since a major injury).

I started Wing Tsun 2 weeks ago. Only went to 2 classes. It was OK, but im working full time this summer and am sorry to say i don't think i will be pursuing it. From what i was told though it is one of the most real to life fighting techniques around...

a good art to check out is tibetan Mondo, its a purely offensive art, but if one learns it correctly you can demoralize your opponent quickly

Top Bottom