Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Invite to all MMA/Martial artists out there!!

MrMotivate

Ok I know this isnt the MMA forum but since that forum is rarely visited, I copied and pasted this from a thread in that forum titled:

To late to start martial arts at age 30?

Anyway.... nobody reply here in this thread but head on over to that one if you have some real experience and knowledge on the matter and you can firmly say you know it works because you have had to use... ok you get the point, thanks!

DONT POST IN THIS THREAD

I formally studied martial arts for many years. Ishin Ryu was my base. I loved it. It was hard, heavy, and effective. It isn't flashy showy by any means, but it certainly gets the job done. I've studied some southern shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Chi, and rounded it off with multiple forms of yoga.

Studying something that trains your body, mind, and spirit, AT ANY AGE, is a positive. They're right, you probably won't be competing, but you can build a tremendous connection between mind/body/spirit, as well as learn to understand and utilize the flowing energy of this universe.

Good luck to you. And hard work.

This right here is useful with specific fighting styles and is what peaks interest other than just statying MMA is what you need to train... with a bajillion mma places, thats not too helpful.

Like another guy on here, I am 30 with no real fighting experience but really want to start learning and getting into some type of martial arts but really dont want to waste my time and money doing months of "flowery" fighting that memorizes lots of poses but then when you try and use it in a real practical setting... i.e. as is someone picks a fight with you out in town for some bs reason or some jackass tries to be a jackass and you need to defend yourself or your loved ones or what not... you get the point ....

so what is the best specific fighting style, not to fight off and break the bones of 17 guys that all weight 250 lbs of jacked muscle and you suddenly pull out some Stephen Segal moves and beat all 17 of them....

no im talking realistically, what is the best for being able to actually fight.. in a street fight... out on town.. against one or two guys ... a practical real life fight situation, what style is best?

The top 3 I have looked into would be Muay Thai, Krav maga, or Jeet kun do (wing chun/ kung fu)... but then again i have heard you can be licensed to TEACH yes thats instruct krav maga just by taking a weekend class! and then is is easy and effective but you would learn everything there is to know in two months, and then again.. I am familiar with the isreali defense.. blah blah blah I know military martial arts programs are NEVER anywhere as good as civilian martial arts... OK so not bashing, I have heard good but I have also heard bad so please so post real life advice only from people who have actually studied different arts and used them in real life situations

... so back to the original question

no im talking realistically, what is the best for being able to actually fight.. in a street fight... out on town.. against one or two guys ... a practical real life fight situation, what style is best?

Try as many styles as you can, I love muay thai, MMA, boxing, BJJ, thats because they interest me - however I always go back to Muay Thai and boxing because I get satisfaction from striking - AND Im good at it. There is benefit in all martial arts, and at the end of the day a good fighter is a good fighter regardless of code, although being efficent at a striking style AND a grapling style always helps.

Try them out and pick those you enjoy the most!

A kick to the balls will trump any fighting style out there.

Other than that, a medium level of boxing will overcome 95% of the "fighters" you may encounter in real life. Let's be honest, no way in hell you are throwing a kick to the head in a crowded bar or putting a triangle choke on them on the dance floor. If you are fighting more than one person you want to be upright, centered balanced and with maximum mobility. Fuck that Hi-Yahh! shit. Get a wall at your back and hope they don't have more friends nearby to swarm you.

Top Bottom