Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

anybody read the latest time magazine that basically says fat burners are crap?

damac-
Alot of fat burners are more or less ECA-type supplements. They do exert some fat burning effects. Most of the weight loss is due to appetite suppression. A number of studies have reported positive results with ECA supps and weight loss. Most of the subjects were overweight and adhered to calorie restricted diets while using the supplements.

Here is the downside of ECA/fatburner type supps:
anorexia, initial rise in blood pressure, initial tachycardia, slowed GI motility (constipation), insomnia, agitation, anxiety, nervousness and depression- like withdrawal symptoms. Not cool.

I use Diet Fuel when trying to really get lean for some competitions and I try to avoid using it before intense cardio workouts. I've used up to 9 tabs in a day. Cycle it up and down (like start w/1 tab and work up to whatever-depends on the supplement). I try and limit usage to a few weeks and then take a long break. You do need to use them for a few weeks for maximum effectiveness, but if you don't like the sides, quit.

Most doctors don't take nutrition classes in their training so they really don't know much about advanced supplementation. They do know what drugs, herbs, etc. will do to you, but they may not understand your fitness goals and what supplements could be helpful. I have a good doc who is an athlete, but I think i'm lucky. Time probably got some MD to do the article and this guy was probably all fired up about these footballers dying.

FHG

Top Bottom