Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anxiety?depression thread: experiments with Inositol/other vitamins...

GaryWary

This is not an anabolic thread but has importance to fellow bb's and athletes.. please keep it up here. I am genuinely excited about my latest discoveries.

Some here will know me as the inositol guru. Many of you on this board have taken gram amounts of this supplement (most of those people who have tried it have had success using it).

I have been using it for a year. However, I began noticing a return of anxiety and depression symptoms around September last year. I have been busy trying just about every supplement touted as a possible cure for anxiety/depression since then. I was desperate for a repeat cure. I didn't tell anyone on the board, but since September, my anxiety and depression got so bad again that I stopped enjoying everything - work, cycling (racing bikes and mountain bikes), gym, art, and even sex (to the point where I had no sex drive)!!! All the things I used to enjoy. I really was in a bad way. Once brilliantly effective, grams of inositol were now ineffective. I have now hit upon a formula that I believe to be better than inositol alone. Maybe some of you would like to try it.

Inositol____2g - 10g (I now use 4g approx - much less than before). Inositol is the key ingredient in this stack. Increase the dose of this unofficial B-vit before you touch the doses on the rest of the stack. It has a proven track record against depression/anxiety - do a search.

Choline____1g (another B). Pre-cursor to acetylcholine, though there is a rate limiting step to conversion (still seems to help though).

B-Complex____strongest you can find (say 100mg of each individual B).
Take between 2 and 4 of these a day.

Niacin (this is the suprise find)____another B vit (B3). Take between 100mg and 400mg per day. You'll get skin flushes - don't worry about it, they go away. It definately lifts mood. It possibly has effects on serotonin.. need to read more. It can actually be produced by tryptophan! It also exists as niacin in the diet. Has odd effect of increasing pre-cum secretions (wetness)!!?

L-Tyrosine_____1g - 2g per day. Definately helps mood, but does interfere with sleep so take in the mornings only. A dopamine pre-cursor. But before you get to excited it has a rate limiting step to conversion. However, it does seem to exert a positive effect on alertness/mood.

Gingko Biloba______upto 240mg per day (definately helps alertness/mood slightly and certainly helps with erections! In fact, Ginkgo has been found to help impotent men).

That's it. It's fucking effective. Give it a try. I cannot believe how effectively it gets rid of anxiety.

*Note, I tried many vits, and even a couple of SSRI's in my quest, but the above is what I found best. I didn't get any benefit personally from kava, St.John's Wort, etc. Paxil made me feel like shit. However, I understand that some people do get benefit from these. Try my recipe and add other things you find effective.

Last edited:
Gary have you ever tried the stronger anxietty meds like xanax? Thanks bro just wonderin. Ive been through them all and am up to xanax now.

tybz28 said:
Gary have you ever tried the stronger anxietty meds like xanax? Thanks bro just wonderin. Ive been through them all and am up to xanax now.

Xanax is some kind of valium relative isn't it? No I haven't tried it. I have tried SSRI's like Lustral, Prozac, Efexor, and Paxil. Efexor was the best out of those. The heavy B regime I mention above is somewhat more effective (in me). Does xanax have sexual sides?

Last edited:
xanax makes me feeeeell good and relaxed but i don't like using it alot. i save it for those extra bad days when the anxiety is kicking my ass.. but 5-HTP and inositol usually does the trick for me!

I have been on Xanax and Prozac for 10 years,

Started with buspar, tried paxil, etc the above receipt works for me, 80% of the time.

Tried to switch or get off a couple of times to no avail.

What I don’t understand is the affect either of these medications would have on anyone not suffering from anxiety or/and depression. I would think these drugs would simply make you sleepy.

Yo Spunky - try a few of the other goodies - especially the high-dose B-complex (if you don't already) and extra Niacin.

I don't know why inositol on its own stopped working in me... but then again, Efexor stopped working on me after a while.....

Lets hope this new regime works for longer.

PS: POST HAS BEEN EDITED.

PPS: I cannot sleep at the moment hence I am on here - I got a cancer check-up today and I tend to get a bit understandably worried. Still gf is in my bed and so I am going to sign off in a minute cos she will be getting up for work soon and I want a cuddle!

Last edited:
Gary,

Good post.

My personal vote is that any non-AS posts should be on the chat board. But thats just a vote. I realize the going trend of this board is to have the AS board be about everything under the sun, including 12-step-program-like "feel good" posts, requests for prayers, everyone's personal views on everything from racism to how great Canada is at Hockey, but my personal vote - if it aint 'bout AS - move it.

With that out of the way .....

What about 5-HTP? A lot of peole have seen great sucess with that.

Have you worked with any Nootropics like Piracetam? Hydergine? Just curious.

And a question, and this is NOT a slam, just asking ...... are you not one of those who touts that Exstacy (sp?) is fine, safe, harmless, fun, but yet ...... here you are combatting depression? Any correlation?

Here's what I do. Not saying it's the best thing but it works for me and it ruins all relationships you may have. I drink tons of alcohol and take xanax and valium and steroids instead of eating food.

Well that's food for though. Flames accepeted.

Top Bottom