Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anti-War Protestors Want to Fuck Up YOUR Day

Frackal said:

And don't insult my intelligence by claiming you give 2 shits about the Iraqi people either.

By the way, Kosovo was shit too, a fluff war, but this is totally different in scale poink and you know it.

come on, man. you know i love every single person.

how are kosovo and iraq different?

circusgirl said:

None. I supported the US involvement in Kosovo.

Why would you support the destruction of an entire nation's infrastructure over an alleged genocide which actually turned out to be a few thousand people. There is real genocide happening in Africa and Asia and nobody gives a fuck about it.

p0ink said:

come on, man. you know i love every single person.

how are kosovo and iraq different?

the US wasnt responsible for the attrocities in kosovo, they played a part in iraq;s attrocities

kosovans were being butchered

the serb government refused to stop doing it, and were ethnically cleansing the reigon. now while some have said the US set up oil pipelines there, i dont know about it and frankly dont thin it matters in that case, the US stepped in and enforced kosovo's automnimity and stopped a dictator seizing more power. he is now being tried

afghanistan removed a regieme that was granting asylum to a terrorist suspect who they would not release due to their request he be tried under islamic law in an islamic country (muslims can;t see how inherently bullshit this is, international crime = international law). the taliban oppressed the people, and any non-muslim minority in the country. so i thought its justified

iraq is a former dictator who killed many in his own country with full US knowledge and approval. after 1 war where he wasnt removed he was kept there with no-one willing to remove him. no evidence of an alqueada link has bee found and while he does have known existing stocks of bio warfare, its not been a concern until now, and isnt the point the US argues about. his drone planes cant reach US soil, missles cant reach the US and his mass destruction weapons are just as availible as pakistans, koreas and any dodgy eastern bloc country including russia. seizing of oil fields and rebuiling iraq means major $$$ for US companies, and the rights for this will ONLY be granted to US companies, plus there will be no withdrawal of US troops to allow UN troops to enforce regieme change. this is also every extremisists dream as it will unite them all including osama

ariolanine said:

Why would you support the destruction of an entire nation's infrastructure over an alleged genocide which actually turned out to be a few thousand people. There is real genocide happening in Africa and Asia and nobody gives a fuck about it.

Because circus girl is an assclown. The Christian serbs got tired of the smelly muslis blowing shit up, and instead

ariolanine said:

Because circus girl is an assclown. The Christian serbs got tired of the smelly muslis blowing shit up, and instead of talking things out they decided to kick the shit out of them. This can not be allowed though.

The antiwar movement prepares to escalate
The day the war starts, organizers vow to shut down financial districts -- and even infiltrate a key U.S. Air Force base.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Michelle Goldberg

March 14, 2003 | If bombs start falling on Iraq, peace activists say, expect insurgency at home.

Demonstrators are planning to shut down San Francisco's Financial District, to gather by the thousands in New York's Times Square and stage sit-ins in Washington, D.C. Others are ready to try to breach security at Vandenberg Air Force Base in Southern California, where much of the military targeting operations will be done for an Iraq bombing campaign. They're going not just to protest, but to interfere. "We have the possibility of disrupting operations that feed directly into the Iraq war in a limited but very real way," says Peter Lumsdaine, coordinator of the Military Globalization Project, the group that's organizing the Vandenberg action.

Until now, most of the big antiwar demonstrations, especially in the United States, have been peaceful, preplanned, law-abiding events. Permits have been secured, routes mapped, and stages set up. The next phase in the antiwar movement is likely to be far more spontaneous and chaotic. Frustrated by a government they say is ignoring their voice, galvanized by the imminence of war, activists are moving from protest to direct action. "My sense is that if the war breaks out, things will escalate," says L.A. Kauffman, a staff organizer with United for Peace and Justice, a major antiwar coalition. "You'll see a lot more street blockades and building blockades. You'll see the normal course of business disrupted by protests in a way that hasn't happened so far."

Already, activists are ramping up their tactics. On Friday, March 14, a loose network of people called Direct Action to Stop the War are going to try to shut down the Pacific Stock Exchange in downtown San Francisco, kicking off a campaign of civil disobedience that organizer Patrick Reinsborough says is meant "to show the Bush administration and their corporate backers that if they won't stop the war, a nonviolent grassroots uprising will physically unplug the war machine."

What they are doing, in terms of non violent hindering of certain targeted establishments is not really that bad .... personally, though unrelated, I'm more concerned with things like the possibility of a "Gulf War Illness II" due to our planned continued use of depleted uranium.

p0ink is amazingly apologetic for the bush administration and Israel... I wonder what his thoughts are on the patriot act, and the attempted successor to that act that was posted as a sticky awhile back.

Top Bottom