Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I doing this right?

rbella

Ok,
so I started my new diet this past weekend. All is going well except that I recently had surgery and am unable to workout for 2 weeks. I have been eating what I thought was "clean".

Can someone please look at what I have been eating and tell me if I am missing something? I have not lost a single pound nor do I see any changes in waistline.

Am I being too dramatic about this or do you think I am eating too many calories since I can't workout.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may give. I am a wee bit discouraged...

Meal 1:
1/2 Cup oatmeal
splenda
cinnamon
Omlette (2 egg whites, 1 whole)
1/4 cup shredded cheese
coffee

Meal 2:
100% whey protein shake w/
skim milk

Meal 3:
spinach salad
grilled chicken breast
vinaigrette

Meal 4:
10-15 almonds
1/2 cup cottage cheese

Meal 5:
3 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup steamed broccoli

Meal 6:
100% Whey protein shake w/
skim milk

Am I eating too much? I feel like I am already hungry all the time. I'm scared to scale back. Wondering if I need to make substitutions, etc....

Please help!!!

badgergrl said:
What are your stats: height, weight, bf%?

Also, don't expect to see major changes in a few days.

My ht: 5' 8", wt: 168 :bawling: no clue on body fat...too depressing to find out.

I do feel a lot better...that is definitely a bonus.

rbella said:
Ok,
so I started my new diet this past weekend. All is going well except that I recently had surgery and am unable to workout for 2 weeks. I have been eating what I thought was "clean".

Can someone please look at what I have been eating and tell me if I am missing something? I have not lost a single pound nor do I see any changes in waistline.

Am I being too dramatic about this or do you think I am eating too many calories since I can't workout.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may give. I am a wee bit discouraged...

Meal 1:
1/2 Cup oatmeal
splenda
cinnamon
Omlette (2 egg whites, 1 whole)
1/4 cup shredded cheese
coffee

Meal 2:
100% whey protein shake w/
skim milk

Meal 3:
spinach salad
grilled chicken breast
vinaigrette

Meal 4:
10-15 almonds
1/2 cup cottage cheese

Meal 5:
3 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup steamed broccoli

Meal 6:
100% Whey protein shake w/
skim milk

Am I eating too much? I feel like I am already hungry all the time. I'm scared to scale back. Wondering if I need to make substitutions, etc....

Please help!!!

I am by no means no expert and if I am wrong, I'm sure the ladies here will correct me.

I personally feel that is a lot of shredded cheese for breakfast - esp without knowing what type of cheese. For your protein shakes, when you say with skim milk, how much skim milk? Another idea is half skim half water.

Salad - dressings are a killer. Ever see how much fat is in dressings? I'd skip the vinaigrette for now and go out and get those calorie free dressings.

It takes time to turn that ship around, but it will turn, give it a few weeks.

Gigit said:
I am by no means no expert and if I am wrong, I'm sure the ladies here will correct me.

I personally feel that is a lot of shredded cheese for breakfast - esp without knowing what type of cheese. For your protein shakes, when you say with skim milk, how much skim milk? Another idea is half skim half water.

Salad - dressings are a killer. Ever see how much fat is in dressings? I'd skip the vinaigrette for now and go out and get those calorie free dressings.

It takes time to turn that ship around, but it will turn, give it a few weeks.

Thanks Gigit,
I agree the cheese is probably too much. I will cut that out...Will be tough because I can't stand the taste of eggs!! :(

Do you mean fat free or calorie free dressing? I don't think I've ever had calorie free. Are there any that taste ok?

Thanks for the reply!

They are spray on, like only a few calories so not technically calorie free.

Or MAYBE you would learn to love a crisp clean salad without the junk, or toss in a few bits of chicken or turkey. Sometimes dressings can even be worse than burgers - in the case of a Caesar dressing.

Remember, we are not eating food for pleasure or comfort, we are eating it for fuel, I personally have to view it this way in order to flip the switch in my head and change my way of thinking.

Ok, I know what you are talking about. What about squeezing lemon on my salad? I am not one with the greens. I am trying though.

You have been very helpful. Thank you!

Eyeballing what you "think" is "clean" or "enough" is usually self-sabotaging. Frankly the food looks really clean so I don't have any problems there. Cheese won't kill you so I wouldn't get too hung up about that.

The absolute best thing you can do is figure out exactly WHAT & HOW MUCH you are eating. Let me introduce you to a fantastic program online at www.fitday.com. Its a food counts program that has most every food already in its database and you can add custom stuff as well. Takes a few minutes to setup any particular foods you use and then just fill in your day's meal plan. It will tell you total calories as well as macronutrient ratios: % protein / % fat / % carbs. THAT is how you know if you are getting "enough" and the right stuff.

Wow! Thanks Sassy! I really appreciate your reply.

I will fill out my fitday food log today and see what it says. For a current (2wk) sedentary lifestyle. What do you recommend my caloric intake and macronutrient ratios be?

I will def be working out full throttle in 2 wks but am kinda screwed right now. I plan on following the Shadow plan for my workouts.

Am worried that I might be screwing up by eating like I would if I was working out while I am recovering.

Top Bottom