Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Am I doing it right?

eds4ko

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I joined because I felt that this is just the right online community for me. Anyway I'm 23 years old and I have tried exercising before and I always end up going back to my old ways for many reason and one of them is that I hate exercising. But I've never felt as motivated as now. I'm just excited because I know that I can do it, and I know that motivating myself and allowing to sink into me that I am doing this for me and not to please anybody else.
Ok so go back to my question, am I doing it right?
I alternate lower and upper body workout for 6 days 1 day is my rest day.
3 different exercise position for every muscle group so I have actually all in all 9 different exercise position for lower and 9 different exercise position for upper body workout.
I do 2 sets with a 15-13 reps for upper and 2 sets of 12-10 for lower body. I don't think I could just do 3 set right now but after 2 months I'm thinking of adding 1 more set. I'm actually a beginner but I have searched a lot of websites and then incorporate some that I learned and kinda made my own program. I just don't know if 9 different exercise position is too much or just about right? I'm actually a small woman, my height is 4'11 but I can do 30 lbs when I squat, is that too much or just ok? I also weigh 105 lbs but my built is small but I work on my comp. all the time so you see I really have lots of fats especially on my mid section.
I exercise in the morning and I do 20 min. of brisk walk on the treadmill and alternate it with stationary bike for 20 minutes also. But I'm thinking of adding 5 minutes after a month and then 5 more minutes after 2 months.
I also want to exercise in the evening since I have lots of time in my hand, I'm a stay at home wife
linkbiggrinMIR%5B1%5D.gif
.But only for 20-30 minutes of video exercise. I thought maybe yoga for Sunday, Hula for Monday, Pilates for Tuesday, Kickboxing for Wednesday , Bellydance on Thursday and so on so that I don't get bored.
Do you think I'm doing too much, I just want to have an effective exercise program just for me. I would love to hear all your comments and suggestions. By the way I'm vegetarian and I only get all my protein sources from nuts, beans and other vegetarian products.
Also when I do weight lifting should I alternate it with another form of exercise for example doing 2 sets of squat, should I go ahead and finish the 2 set of squat and move to the next or after 1 set move to the next and come back after I finish whatever I am doing.

Welcome there is around a million diffrent ways to train tons of diffrent splits you could do. I agree with BM that you need a little more rest in between workouts. I am a big fan of 3 day splits for newbies you go 1 day on 1 off gives your body a lot of time to recover. Then once your 3-4 in months in do a 4 day split 2 on 1 off. I would also think your rep range is a tad high 8-12 reps with a bit heavier weights works for both upper and lower. You mentioned that your holding some fat around your waist what is you diet like?

Thank you soo much ladies for all the information you shared. As I've said I am vegetarian. I eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. In the morning, I always have cereal with nuts and fruits then in the evening I eat usually eat steamed vegetables with lots of mushrooms. During my lunch, that's when I eat some really good cook foods that I prepared for myself (kind of a reward for me:biggrin: since I like cook foods than sweet desserts) Anyway I only eat 3 times a day and I also count the calorie intake and I don't like the 6 meals by the way:).
I started noticing the added inch on my waistline 3 years ago when I started working at home on my computer and as I've said before, I hated exercise and tend to sit more and lay down after eating, watching TV etc.
Ok as far as the different exercise position I do for lower body
2 sets of 12-10 weight 30 - 50 lbs.
Wide leg squats
Doggystyle(lol, because your position like a dog and raise 1 of your legs for 10 counts then steady it on that position and count another 10)
One leg raise while standing ( you see I don't even know what's the name of these exercise positions, anyway it's while your standing holding on to something for support then you raise 1 of your leg up to your side.)
Close leg squat - my legs are a bit close to each other
Gluteous Kick back
Crunches pilates style
I added 50 lbs of weight on my workout bench and I lay down and then lift it with my legs, I don't know what you call that. It's good for the legs
And also while laying down on my side raise my legs like this <

Upper Body
Push up on my knees
Fly on the bench (5 lbs dumbbell)
Sorry I don't have time to describe all of this right now I need to do my workout. I hope to hear more tips from all of you though.
By the way is it ok to do crunches everyday?

OH BY THE WAY I DON'T WORK OUT IN THE GYM, I DO IT AT HOME.

Welcome!

No, you don't have to work your abs daily. Just do them once or twice a week.

Hi everyone. I'm new here and I joined because I felt that this is just the right online community for me. Anyway I'm 23 years old and I have tried exercising before and I always end up going back to my old ways for many reason and one of them is that I hate exercising. But I've never felt as motivated as now. I'm just excited because I know that I can do it, and I know that motivating myself and allowing to sink into me that I am doing this for me and not to please anybody else.
Ok so go back to my question, am I doing it right?
I alternate lower and upper body workout for 6 days 1 day is my rest day.
3 different exercise position for every muscle group so I have actually all in all 9 different exercise position for lower and 9 different exercise position for upper body workout.
I do 2 sets with a 15-13 reps for upper and 2 sets of 12-10 for lower body. I don't think I could just do 3 set right now but after 2 months I'm thinking of adding 1 more set. I'm actually a beginner but I have searched a lot of websites and then incorporate some that I learned and kinda made my own program. I just don't know if 9 different exercise position is too much or just about right? I'm actually a small woman, my height is 4'11 but I can do 30 lbs when I squat, is that too much or just ok? I also weigh 105 lbs but my built is small but I work on my comp. all the time so you see I really have lots of fats especially on my mid section.
I exercise in the morning and I do 20 min. of brisk walk on the treadmill and alternate it with stationary bike for 20 minutes also. But I'm thinking of adding 5 minutes after a month and then 5 more minutes after 2 months.
I also want to exercise in the evening since I have lots of time in my hand, I'm a stay at home wife
linkbiggrinMIR%5B1%5D.gif
.But only for 20-30 minutes of video exercise. I thought maybe yoga for Sunday, Hula for Monday, Pilates for Tuesday, Kickboxing for Wednesday , Bellydance on Thursday and so on so that I don't get bored.
Do you think I'm doing too much, I just want to have an effective exercise program just for me. I would love to hear all your comments and suggestions. By the way I'm vegetarian and I only get all my protein sources from nuts, beans and other vegetarian products.
Also when I do weight lifting should I alternate it with another form of exercise for example doing 2 sets of squat, should I go ahead and finish the 2 set of squat and move to the next or after 1 set move to the next and come back after I finish whatever I am doing.

Eds, we welcom you to our humble aboard. I trust you will find we have alot of ladies that want to help you with all your questions. Thanks for taking the time to post your workouts and diet, it helps them figure out what you may or may not need to do for any changes/aditions.

I could go into the qualifications of the 3 girls you have posting with you, but it would take too long, believe me, you have quite an array of very knowledgeable people there.

Anyway, we're glad you chose to post up with us, be sure you check out all our different forums, lots to read and see.

Tx

Top Bottom