Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Alternate routines for deadlifts...?

TonsOguns

Wutup people,
I've been training for a 6 years now, in the past year I was fortunate enough to have a friend introduce me his powerlifting routine. In the past year i've seen dramatic gains and have developed an all new passion for the sport. A perspective that goes beyond meakness and what alot of those newsstand magazines call "cut". My friend help me realize that this isn't about chasing that pump that'll last you a good ten minutes but instead a life long goal of developing power, mass, and overall progression to our bodies. Unfortunatly I've seemed to hit a snag in my training; I tore my acl and partially tore my meniscus somewhere in between spraining my knee while snowboarding, bball, and skateboarding all in that order last year. I've training on it for a year with tha tear no problems and it was a mixed blessing, i gave up the sports i love to find a new one. Then again i recently resprained it being there are no ligaments to hold my knee together and its defn fucking up my training especially those core exersizes which i know are hard to duplicate, specifically deadlifting. I've done pulldowns before I started powerlifting training and I've really can't find anything that can compare to dLing. If anyone out there can give me some advice about what alternate routes i can take as far as mass building exercises that would use as less as my knee as possibly I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if this was long winded but i really wanted to show my appreciation to those of you who train with strict PL techniques as you guys really define what it means to be "hardcore" with your no bs mind set of training its given me new found inspiration to weight training...
F.T.B.(fuckthebullshit)
Tons
p.s.(knee's scheduled to be scoped this summer)

Well to stay away from your knee my favorite core exercise besides deadlifting itself is seated goodmornings. They work great. Also hyperextensions. That will at least keep you r lower back strong. But when your injured yu have to change to adapt regardless. Or you wont heal. But believe me once you had it it comes back plenty quick enough.

I agree with the hyperextensions..which is what I did when I broke my foot.By placing the plate behind your head,or in front of your chest,you can shift the focus more to the hamstrings rather than your lower back.You will need to concentrate fully on working the muscle groups,and,no,you won'tbreak any records,but you will continue to build mass and prevent atrophy,which is inportant to your recovery(as is resting and gentle,progressive rehab)

Seated good mornings is an excellent suggeston Jay! You might also consider back raises--similar to hyper extentions, but the apparatus is at a 45 degree angle, and you can go heavier. It keeps your legs locked in at the knee and ankle and supports your hip. Another possibility is reverse hypers, if you have access to one.

oooo back raises are bad for me...my knee feels like mush when i'm locked in. All i feel is dead ligament being stretched out, it ain't purty. Thx for the goodmorning raises. I must say though i'd have to really work on my technique on them. Ive never done them before, so it pretty much feels like i'm crushing my groin and my shoulders when i do it. Any pointers?
Thx
tons

"pain is only weakness leaving the body"

Top Bottom