Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

All ab'd out??

GatorHunter

I am looking for a good work out that will boost my lower abs. Also most of my life I have worked my front abdominals so it kinda looks like they are surpasing my obliques is that possible? Should I hold back a little bit on them and work on my obliques for a while or will they even out eventualy? Thanks for the any help its very much appriciated.

Heres what u do: Hip Up's and corkscrews, then use the swissball to do ur lower abs.

Goto Borders/Barnes & Noble/Whathaveu, and get a good book on abs. Do LOWER ABS FIRST!!! Always start w/ lower abs, then ob's, and then upper abs, and then transversus abdominus.

Thanks I always look for a good one but cant always find. I will try doing lower ab first now I use to do upper then lower. Thanks bro some help is better than non.

Lower abs only really become visible at lower body fat percentages, so that may be part of the reason you think the upper abs are more developed, just a thought.

Also - if you are not already, try adding some weight to your ab movements if you are trying to add size...just like any other body part it needs prog. resistance...

Hope that sorta helps...

D.

i must have missed your post man. abs can be really tricky to train. just like aeleon said, do hip up's. matter of fact- he knows his ab stuff like the back of his hand, take his advise. lower abs first always. lower abs always present trouble. the flexibility of the lower back is more than the middle back on most people- thus the lower abs have to work more to stabilize and tend to seem weaker. just work em

i dont train "lower abs" because its commonly exercises that are considered hip flexor movements. a complete crunch of the torso is "all ab". concentrate on exercises that crunch from head to pelvis or vice versa and you got it covered. change the leverage so you are hitting your sticking point at various points in the crunch and you got it covered.

by this i usually do crunches on the ball, then maybe a slant board or roman chair, or even a captains chair, ensuring that i rotate the hips upwards.

Here's a link for the best AB training book ever. Filled with excellent descriptions of the anatomy & the exercises as well as pre-made programs.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_4/104-6070490-7071949?v=glance&s=books

I don't have time to go into detail but it sounds like your TVA may be weak or you have an anterior pelvic tilt - both can cause your rectus to protroud out past your obliques.

Learn how to activate your TVA & correct your pelvic alignment (if needed) and the remember this acronym for ab training: L.O.U. stands for: Lower, Oblique, Upper that is the correct order to train abs.

Also STOP doing crunches! crunches have nothing to do with a flat stomach or protecting your back. The crunch is the most overused & abused exercise and can lead to neck, jaw, shoulder & low back pain!!

hope this helps!

S

Last edited:
Top Bottom