Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

advice from the ladies please..

regurgitator

OK, first off, I have been around here for awhile but I dont post much- I undertand the deal with the womens forum- with that said, I have a question from my girlfriend. She and I work out together and I am planning on starting the old school 3 days a week program that allot of the guys are talking about on the training forum. Will it be ok if she is on the same program? She likes to lift heavy and eats really well(uses Fitday too)- but she has been getting conflicting info as to what she should eat and cals per day,how much cardio is needed,etc...
She is on an Iso-Caloric diet like me which for her means 1560 cals a day(175g pro,140g/carbs,60g/fat)- is this too low? Oh, she is 5'5" at around 130-135 pounds. I'm not sure of her BF%. She wants to lose BF(who dosen't) and gain some muscle. She has a body similiar to Katie Holmes, she isn't fat or chubby but she has a little layer of fat over her tummy(wow, just like me,hehe). I wish she would come on here herself but she isn't into the message board thing so I pretty much tell her what you ladies say. Thing is, she gets confused by what she should be eating so she feels like it isn't working. What can I tell her in the way of diet that you think will produce some results. I have done allot of research and I have been searching through your posts but I would love to hear any advice you could give. She really enjoys the weights but she HATES cardio(except swimming and that machine at the gym that looks like you are cross country skiing)- I just want to see her gain some progress so she dosent give up. Thanks......

i would think that 60g of fat a day along with 140g of carbs a day is a little high,,,,,,,,,,,,cut the fat down to about 30g per day.

If she hates cardio,,i would suggest she keep her diet very high in protein,,,and rotate her carb intake.

I like to work out everyday,,,,,,,,,i lift as heavy as i can mon-friday,,and do cardio on the weekends. I used to cardio everyday,,,,but i cut it out b/c i wanted to gain some more muscle.

-------

A typical day would be:
meal 1:
cream of wheat or oatmeal cereal(sometimes P. Butter on wheat bread)
3-4 egg whites
flax seed oil.
meal 2: protein shake.
meal 3: turkey breast or chicken w/rice + no-fat cottage cheese, small salad.
meal 4: labrada bar or Luna bar + baked potatoe.
meal 5: chicken breast with veggies.
meal 6: protein shake.

She eats pretty clean. Just not sure about how many cals she should be doing. We do have 1 cheat day on Saturday.

I would say she needs more food!! Also cut out the wheat bread, the luna bar..and the shake before bed...I personally think shakes before bed are not the way to go if you are interested in cutting...as soon as I cut those out of my diet last year I began to drop again...it raises insulin...replace it with some egg whites or a chicken breast, turkey breast etc...6 meals w/ good quality protein..I would rotate her carbs..high on days she is doing strength training and low on days she is not training....you should base them on your activity level etc...

Eat carbs like oatmeal, yams, rice, veggies...tell her to eat some veggies w/ every meal...she can also eat lean red meat...some tuna...fish...But if her carbs are high do not take in over 20-30 grams of fats...she can take in olive oil, flax oil etc..these are good in salads or on your veggies...Has she ever done morning cardio on an empty stomach??

I would get her body fat done so you have an idea of where she is at...check her progress every 4-6 weeks and use that as a guide instead of her weight...Is she drinking lots of water?? Tell her not to be afraid to eat clean and often...she isnt going to gain off of that..and get her on the boards..tell her she better get into it for her own good..it will only help her to talk to other women who have been there done that several times...its good for support and general information..and it is simple to log on and search...we dont bite:p

Top Bottom