Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

9 week of strong lifts 5x5 (squat video)

There is a power lifting etiquette you'll want to learn. There are weigh in times and gear check-in times that are specific to each weight class. You'll want help warming up, stripping weights for warm ups, you'll want with getting into and out of gear and applying your wraps. You'll want someone to check on the speed of the meet and keep track of when you should start/finish your warm up. someone to get you food or just motivate you, someone to help gauge the depth of your squat or your dead lift grip. Trust me, first meet is nerve wracking enough with a coach I could only imagine it being hell alone.
Thanks for bringing this all up front to me I didn't think of all this. I will def look into getting a power lifting coach with in the next 2 months and if I can find a meet sooner just going to check things out!
Thank you!!!!

Thanks for bringing this all up front to me I didn't think of all this. I will def look into getting a power lifting coach with in the next 2 months and if I can find a meet sooner just going to check things out!
Thank you!!!!

You're welcome I'm just trying to save you a lot of hassle and headache!

True, I wouldn't use the word nerve wracking however. Its god nerves, your anxious, once you feel the adrenaline rush as your manning up to the bar in front of the crowd 405 can feel like 315.

If you find a coach, which costs $$, go with a friend. I went to my first meet with my bud. It was a good time, I wasn't nervous, just anxious to get out of the warm up area.

True, I wouldn't use the word nerve wracking however. Its god nerves, your anxious, once you feel the adrenaline rush as your manning up to the bar in front of the crowd 405 can feel like 315.

If you find a coach, which costs $$, go with a friend. I went to my first meet with my bud. It was a good time, I wasn't nervous, just anxious to get out of the warm up area.

You're lucky then man. my first "big meet" was raw nationals I was excited but there was so much going on and so many lifters I was def nervous right up until I stepped on the platform, then it all faded away.

your squats look great...

i did my first meet solo... no problems... i also prefer to wrap my own knees... i dont see any problem going to your first meet solo, especially if you are lifting raw (which it appears)... with that said i also won overall best lifter so i dont really think going solo effected me... if you are ready, you are ready... and if you dont so hot, fuck it, there is always next time, at least you will know what to expect...

good luck with the meet bro... stay committed and you will do fine...

Yes I'm wearing Nike Romalao there an Olympic weight lifting shoe.
OK as per advice I opened my stance up just slightly to try and get more dept. To my surprise I was able to get more dept and also add more weight feel as if I'm getting more hip drive out of the hole. 315 was easy!

So do you see any other area I should work on.

Last edited:
I opened my stance again and I think I'm right were I need to be on squats. can someone please critique my bench and dead lift.

Looks like you can handle a lot more weight than what I see you working with. This is a good thing, as you are still working on form, and on all three lifts your moving respectable weight with IMO great form. Your bench definitely had more than few more reps in it.

My biggest criticism is for you to ditch the wrist straps on DL. One of the biggest benefits of dead lifting is it gets the heaviest weight you can handle in your hands. I know that when I am picking up 405+ lbs. every week for reps, when I start handling 300 on the bench I can grip it with a lot more strength and confidence. Dead lift is not a grip exercise, if your grip limits the weight you can handle than slap on some chalk and you'll be surprised how quickly your grip will catch up.

I have tiny ass hands, and girly wrists. Grip comes nowhere near limiting me in my deadlifts.

Get some chalk, if your going to ditch straps you definitely still need chalk. Biggest improvement you can make at this stage.

Top Bottom