Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

9 week of strong lifts 5x5 (squat video)

decoboy

Hey it's been 9 weeks for me now with the 5X5 program and everything is coming along nicely. I have since stoped using the smith machine for bench work and picked up 2 power racks one outside and one in. Due to this My bench had to be reset.

Reason:
Going from smith machine to power rack, everything felt very wobbly and weird
couldn't bench as much.

week 1:

5RM
Squat 130
bench 120
Row 135
OHP 80
Dead 140

So here are my current stats:

5RM
Squat 305
bench 240
Row 225
OHP 145
Dead 305

Here is a video of some squats I did yesterday

so what do you think?

Last edited:
not bad. what are your goals? are you a powerlifter? just trying to show off for the ladies? Your form isnt bad. depth is pretty good (high by competition standards, but pretty decent for a gym lift. from 130- 305 in that short time is awesome though, congrats.

not bad. what are your goals? are you a powerlifter? just trying to show off for the ladies? Your form isnt bad. depth is pretty good (high by competition standards, but pretty decent for a gym lift. from 130- 305 in that short time is awesome though, congrats.
lol I'm too fat to show off just yet for the ladies!!!

I am power lifting I have my first competition in June, I know I'm not there weight wise but would like to get the experience and figure at worst I can meet some new people.

As for goals:

400 Squat:
I know I have it in me I'm holding back a lot right now trying to stick to the plan. My depth is good bad camera angle, I bottom out on every squat and never cheat myself, my gut plays a big part of it all. I will work on opening my stance a little bit to get a little deeper for competition.

400 dead lift
This will be a little tough as I have to work on grip strength, but my squat and dead have kept up with one another weight wise.

280 Bench
This is were I have a lot of work to do I can get 240 for 5R but my 1Rm is only 260. All those 1RM calculators are BS!!

Goal of 1080 total.

lol I'm too fat to show off just yet for the ladies!!!

I am power lifting I have my first competition in June, I know I'm not there weight wise but would like to get the experience and figure at worst I can meet some new people.

As for goals:

400 Squat:
I know I have it in me I'm holding back a lot right now trying to stick to the plan. My depth is good bad camera angle, I bottom out on every squat and never cheat myself, my gut plays a big part of it all. I will work on opening my stance a little bit to get a little deeper for competition.

400 dead lift
This will be a little tough as I have to work on grip strength, but my squat and dead have kept up with one another weight wise.

280 Bench
This is were I have a lot of work to do I can get 240 for 5R but my 1Rm is only 260. All those 1RM calculators are BS!!

Goal of 1080 total.

Reasonable goals no doubt. Just keep working hard. For your comp. do you have a coach. If not I suggest you getting one and training with someone at LEAST twice a month. An expereinced powerlifting coach in real-time/real-life is invaluable. Find a local trainer who competes in your area and try to hook up that person and see if they will go with you and coach you at your show. Trust me, going to a show alone (first show esp.) will be a nightmare without guidance.

I have an Olympic coach for my oly lifts and mobility work but all the power lifting I have done on my own in my yard. One of my reasons for going to the comp is to meet people.

I have an Olympic coach for my oly lifts and mobility work but all the power lifting I have done on my own in my yard. One of my reasons for going to the comp is to meet people.

I like you attitude and motivation, but still do not recommend going alone. try to find at least a buddy or someone experienced in power lifting to go with you as a coach.

No I do plan to inter the completion. Why is the no too good an idea?

There is a power lifting etiquette you'll want to learn. There are weigh in times and gear check-in times that are specific to each weight class. You'll want help warming up, stripping weights for warm ups, you'll want with getting into and out of gear and applying your wraps. You'll want someone to check on the speed of the meet and keep track of when you should start/finish your warm up. someone to get you food or just motivate you, someone to help gauge the depth of your squat or your dead lift grip. Trust me, first meet is nerve wracking enough with a coach I could only imagine it being hell alone.

Top Bottom