Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help planning Caveman/Ketosis diet!!!!!

ronki23

The Nitty Gritty

I've been doing Rippetoes for 6 weeks and have added over 50lbs to most my lifts (at least 40lbs to some, 60 to others-this is excluding the dips/pulldowns).
^ I've been adding 2lbs a week on average and am about to hit 190lbs-I started at 177. My bodyfat is approx in the 20's. Note that although i've been eating my macros (especially protein), once/twice a week i've been eating high calorie crap like pizza/ice cream and fobbed myself off saying I was bulking.

The Plan

I've got 6 weeks to strip off any fat that i've adding alongside the muscle. I don't think that fat I added was that bad-when I carb up/flex, my muscles seem bigger/fuller and I see some definition in the arms/pecs.

I'm thinking of doing this?

Breakfast-3-4Eggs & Almonds/Pistachio
Snack- 30g Protein shake & Almonds/Pistachio
Lunch- 30-40g Protein (Quorn or Eggs) & Almonds/Pistachio
Snack/Preworkout-30g Protein shake & Almonds/Pistachio
Dinner-30-40g Protein (Quorn or Eggs) & Almonds/Pistachio
Shake-40+g Casien

^the thing is i'm not sure whether to add glucose/maltodextrin postworkout. I really want to drop this fat/flatten my stomach and not only are these simple sugars but they aren't natural :/

I'll be doing Golden 6 Workout 2x a week,Ju Jitsu 1x a week,Kickboxing 2x a week and 2x10-15 min runs every week

The Calculations

My RMR/BMR

(not exact since i've not measured bodyfat in a while-will do this weekend)

((152lbs lean mass/2.205)*30.4)=2095.48 calories

I'm thinking of eating 1.75g protein per lb lean bodyweight on non-training days (220-230g) and 1.5g protein per lb lean bodyweight on training days (260-270g).

I'm thinking of eating 0.5g fat per lb lean bodyweight on non-training days (75-80g) and 0.75g on training days (110-120g).

20-30g carbs pwo?

I assume my intake would be:

912-1064 protein calories, 684-1026 fat calories and 80-120 carb calories?

1676-2210 calories taken in daily? Note that i'm assuming carbs and protein are a straight 4 calories and fat is a straight 9

the nitty gritty

i've been doing rippetoes for 6 weeks and have added over 50lbs to most my lifts (at least 40lbs to some, 60 to others-this is excluding the dips/pulldowns).
^ i've been adding 2lbs a week on average and am about to hit 190lbs-i started at 177. My bodyfat is approx in the 20's. Note that although i've been eating my macros (especially protein), once/twice a week i've been eating high calorie crap like pizza/ice cream and fobbed myself off saying i was bulking.

the plan

i've got 6 weeks to strip off any fat that i've adding alongside the muscle. I don't think that fat i added was that bad-when i carb up/flex, my muscles seem bigger/fuller and i see some definition in the arms/pecs.

I'm thinking of doing this?

Breakfast-3-4eggs & almonds/pistachio
snack- 30g protein shake & almonds/pistachio
lunch- 30-40g protein (quorn or eggs) & almonds/pistachio
snack/preworkout-30g protein shake & almonds/pistachio
dinner-30-40g protein (quorn or eggs) & almonds/pistachio
shake-40+g casien

^the thing is i'm not sure whether to add glucose/maltodextrin postworkout. I really want to drop this fat/flatten my stomach and not only are these simple sugars but they aren't natural :/
do not do this, no simple sugars because it will throw you out of ketosis
i'll be doing golden 6 workout 2x a week,ju jitsu 1x a week,kickboxing 2x a week and 2x10-15 min runs every week

the calculations

my rmr/bmr

(not exact since i've not measured bodyfat in a while-will do this weekend)

((152lbs lean mass/2.205)*30.4)=2095.48 calories

i'm thinking of eating 1.75g protein per lb lean bodyweight on non-training days (220-230g) and 1.5g protein per lb lean bodyweight on training days (260-270g).

I'm thinking of eating 0.5g fat per lb lean bodyweight on non-training days (75-80g) and 0.75g on training days (110-120g).

looks good to me, no direct source of carbs

20-30g carbs pwo?

no to the carbs post workout!!!!

i assume my intake would be:

912-1064 protein calories, 684-1026 fat calories and 80-120 carb calories?

1676-2210 calories taken in daily? Note that i'm assuming carbs and protein are a straight 4 calories and fat is a straight 9

hope this helps

I thought postworkout carbs are ok on ketosis? I thought they go straight into glycogen replenishment?

I want to add some muscle but predominantly I want to lose the fat fast.

GL, but you will be sick of eggs. I know I was just only after a few weeks. Throw some lean ground beef, chicken, fish in there.

I've got a diet off of my nutitionalist-he's also my personal trainer (I thought i'd get an opinion off of someone who knows me well)

Breakfast:

3-4 Olive Oil Fried Eggs/Cheese Omlette

Snack:

Protein Shake/Salami/Cheese/Pork Scratchings

Lunch:

Meat/Fish/Soya and Vegetables. I personally eat Vegetarian Meat Substitute and top it with cheese/am experimenting by mixing Olive Oil with Chilli or using Peri Peri sacue (no sugar)

Snack:

Same as first

Dinner:

Same as lunch. I was told Cauliflower Mash is good-with Tofu too. I've had Cauliflower,Broccoli and Celery Soup a couple of times but it tastes bad-far too thick for soup.

Bedtime:

Casien/Whey combo

^Snacks aren't a necessity I was told
I try not to eat more than 2 servings of Tofu daily.
I drink Green Tea with either Breakfast/Lunch and Black Tea with the meal that I didn't drink Green.

I'm a semi-Vegetarian (eat meat only on Social occasions)

So far i've lost 6lbs in a week. I was told it's water + fat. I hope it's not muscle since i'm eating/drinking LOADS of protein/don't feel like eating.
^I've been feeling like shit on this diet though. I did weight training on day one and kickboxing on day too-apparently you should wait a day or 2 beforehand. I think this is why i've not adapted yet.

P.S. Is 20lbs loss in 5 weeks a good target or should I aim to lose 5% bodyfat instead?

Jesus,i've just come off of 2 days of sleeping without an alarm and my body has adapted.

I feel energetic on ketosis! I feel unnaturally happy too!

AFAIK, I LOVE KETOSIS!

Its a mofo to get used to. But once use to it, it does wonders to your body. What are you mixing your shakes with?

Its a mofo to get used to. But once use to it, it does wonders to your body. What are you mixing your shakes with?

Water of course! Once/twice a week I put some cream in (not whipped cream-fresh cream-it's less than 4g carbs per 100ml-I rarely have more than 200ml)

Jesus,i've just come off of 2 days of sleeping without an alarm and my body has adapted.

I feel energetic on ketosis! I feel unnaturally happy too!

AFAIK, I LOVE KETOSIS!

Glad to hear it. Some people's bodies need several consecutive weeks to adapt to the loss of it's habituated energy source, carbs, and they continue to feel lethargic for quite a while, but it sounds like you aren't one of them.

Should point out though that Paleo is not necessarily the same as a diet designed strictly to create ketosis. Some dried fruit is permitted on Paleo, which is usually implemented with a dried fruit and nuts "trail mix" product.

Top Bottom