Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mustang 5.0 is back robs

always wanted a 5.0 when I was in high school... think I've grown out of that stage though

funny how the badges only look good on the fox's. i thought the dohc 3.7L v6 was more impressive in a wtFAWK kinda way.

Know what Mustangs do when they are cornering hard and one of the rear tires hits a little bump or pothole?

Crash.

so will any other car.

Mustang have, and have always had, a solid rear axle. Mom-mobiles like the Accord had a fully independent double wishbone rear suspension 18 years ago. Any car with pretensions to be a sports car sure as hell should not have a solid rear axle in 2009.

Solid rear axles are much more likely to unsettle the entire rear end of the car when a single wheel hits a bump or pothole in a lateral acceleration situation.

Mustang have, and have always had, a solid rear axle. Mom-mobiles like the Accord had a fully independent double wishbone rear suspension 18 years ago. Any car with pretensions to be a sports car sure as hell should not have a solid rear axle in 2009.

Solid rear axles are much more likely to unsettle the entire rear end of the car when a single wheel hits a bump or pothole in a lateral acceleration situation.

i dont even know you anymore.

03/04 termi's came with irs and a lot of people with them ripped them out because they are worthless. solid weighs less and unless your turning your car into a track queen or driving around town like burt reynolds it shouldn't matter. a lot of the 03/04 mach 1 guys opted to add irs because they hook better with them in the quarter mile. i'm a dodge guy at heart and take no offense to mustang bashing. anything can happen to any car in any situation. to say mustangs are prone to that is naive. common sense tells you if you have a sold axle don't take corners hard.

why hasnt ford ever changed it?

mustangs suck imo, so sloppy on the road...

Older Honda civics and Toyota camrys came with double wish ones front and back but apparently it's still a bad idea to take an off ramp at 100 mph ...

Top Bottom