Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

parents, let me get your advice here.

sure. . .you raised a good kid. . .keep an eye on her, but, yeah, sure. . .like krista, you were a little "different" when you were growing up (as was i). . .also, i believe you to be a great mom. . .and this kid definitely needs some guidance. . .maybe she'll find it in your home if she's spending time with your daughter???

Your daughter is telling you all this so you will say - "Stop hanging out with Krista". She is wanting parental supervision and an excuse to distance herself from the ho.

Come thru for her.

hmm. good point.
thanks.

i think that when it comes up, i won't say no, but i will put some restrictions on it (like no sleepovers).

Can't you just drop Krista's family on social services' radar for the lols, I mean as an uh, concerned parent?

hmm. good point.
thanks.

i think that when it comes up, i won't say no, but i will put some restrictions on it (like no sleepovers).

As the father of a 12-year-old boy I think this is the wisest decision.

The older a child gets the more independence you have to give them. Make sure she understands the risks of Krista's behavior but make it clear that you trust your daughter.

It's absolutely appropriate to not let your daughter spend the night in that environment as well as any other restrictions that ensure your daughter's safety. As long as your daughter keeps her head on straight, all you need to do is keep the lines of communication open and help guide her behavior.

Is she does betray your trust at any point, then it's time to tighten the screws.

Trust your daughter to recognize a train wreck.

it sounds like you and your daughter have a good relationship with good communication. All good things!

Agreed. And letto, your daughter might take it as you don't trust her if you think she needs to stop being around thins girl.
I would tell her that you trust she won't this girl get her into trouble. After that, she would have an even harder time letting you down in such a way.

invite krista over for dinner and put arsenic in her drink. problem solved.

I personally think that if she is mature enough to talk to you about all of this - knowing how you'll probably feel about it - she's also mature enough to keep the distance required to not go down that path with her. I think you have a good plan as far as limiting the kinds of exposure she has to Krista and as long as you keep the line of communication open (being frank with her about why the restrictions are there, if she objects to them, rather than doing the "Because I'm your mom and I said so" deal) I can't see it becoming any kind of problem.

Is Krista kind to animals? Is she good at spelling? Does she respect others? Is she funny? What's her FICO?

What are the good things about her? I'm curious why your daughter considers her a friend. Is it because of some redeeming qualities,
or just because they've associated and your daughter is a friendly person?

Top Bottom