Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

spondylolytic spondylolisthesis

asyx

Hello everyone, I am 15 years old i have spondylolytic spondylolisthesis and my doctor said i cannot squat or deadlift anymore and this is a huge bummer to me considering deadlifts were one of my favorite exercises can anyone please recommend me two replacement exercises those were my major exercises on leg and back day also if anyone else has this can you describe what you do? etc thanks

That sucks man, any plans on surgery in the future? You can look in to hyper extensions but I would do them until you consult with your doctor

That sucks man, any plans on surgery in the future? You can look in to hyper extensions but I would do them until you consult with your doctor
idk what surgery i can get he never really mentioned anything im really thinking about getting a second opinion though

Get a second opinion and they can add a rod to your back to prevent it from getting worse, more common in scoliosis but can be used for what you have. It's not as bad as it sounds tho man did the doctor give you an X-ray copy and what kind of doctor was he

Get a second opinion and they can add a rod to your back to prevent it from getting worse, more common in scoliosis but can be used for what you have. It's not as bad as it sounds tho man did the doctor give you an X-ray copy and what kind of doctor was he
he didnt give me an xray copy and i also have scoliosis and i guess spinal bfida oculta which he says is the same as spondylolytic spondylolisthesis

also this is a huge demotivation for me to train anymore as i wanted to be a powerlifter :(( as i have a huge frame and my lifts were quite high i had a 405 deadlift and 3 plate squat and ive only been lifting for 6 months

What is your degree of curve any plans for a brace ?

like a 4 degree curve not bad also hes never told me anything about a brace or any of this stuff just to go in for treatment nothing else

also this is a huge demotivation for me to train anymore as i wanted to be a powerlifter :(( as i have a huge frame and my lifts were quite high i had a 405 deadlift and 3 plate squat and ive only been lifting for 6 months

Don't get discouraged man your 15 there is no telling what will happen that's a small degree I would do a few things, I would look online around your area a good orthopedic and schedule a appointment, tell him your concerns. See what he says and if he doesn't say anything about a brace, surgery, or any alternatives tell him about it and see his reasoning on why you shouldn't have any of those listed. Try and call your old doctor (witch you still never told me what kind of doctor he was) and get an X-ray copy sent to you for future references. Your curve isn't a big issue right now however anytime you have scoliosis it will get worse with time and if you don't take proper actions to prevent it

And treatment as in what? What does he want to do

Don't get discouraged man your 15 there is no telling what will happen that's a small degree I would do a few things, I would look online around your area a good orthopedic and schedule a appointment, tell him your concerns. See what he says and if he doesn't say anything about a brace, surgery, or any alternatives tell him about it and see his reasoning on why you shouldn't have any of those listed. Try and call your old doctor (witch you still never told me what kind of doctor he was) and get an X-ray copy sent to you for future references. Your curve isn't a big issue right now however anytime you have scoliosis it will get worse with time and if you don't take proper actions to prevent it

And treatment as in what? What does he want to do

oh yea hes a chiro idk just his adjustments

oh yea hes a chiro idk just his adjustments

I'm telling you right now don't go to him he is trying t scare you and your parents into coming back to him every week go to a real doctor an orthopedic surgeon would be your best bet and talk to him 90% sure the ortho will till you the chiropractor is a dick head and doesn't know what he is talking about

Top Bottom