Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why the F#@k can't i lose bodyfat!!??/

johnjohn

Hey guys (and gals), i'm having a terrible time trying to lose bodyfat...i'm @192 lbs today, which is down from 210 when i started dieting, but the thing is, i think i've lost mostly muscle!! and it's not like i've been starving myself...i've been eating around 2500-2700cals/day on workout days, and around 2300-2500 on non-workout days...i do my cardio after my workouts for 30 minutes at around 60% of my Max Heart Rate...it seems that every time i try and lower my cals, i gain FAT!! and every time I raise them back, i gain FAT! what the hell is up with that!?? does this mean i'll never be lean?? i really don't know what to do..i'm so strict with my diet, i don't even cheat anymore, so i'm at a loss! i guess my metabolism is truly fucked up! I'm so scared to drop cals down lower, tho, for fear of starvation mode, as i've been in that before, and it sucked! my body just hoarded the fat once i ate halfway normal again! so what should i do? should i raise my cals to like 2900 and start from there? or lower them more?? thanks for any help! later

Breakfast: 5 eggwhites, 3-4whole eggs, protein shake

Lunch: chicken breast or fish
5 eggwhites
2 tbsp. peanut butter
small salad with no dressing

Pre-workout (or snack):
Protein drink
1 Svng. Fat Free Cottage Cheese
1 tbsp. Peanut Butter

Post-Workout
Protein Drink (2 scoops)
Carb Drink

Supper:
1 Chicken Breast
Spinach
either 1/2 cup brown rice
or
2 tbsp Peanut butter and 1 Svng.
Cottage cheese

Before Bed :
Protein Drink
1 Svng Cottage Cheese
2 tBsp. nat. peanut butter

That's about it...it varies a little, but not much at all..

Hey Johnjohn, I have good news for you: it's your diet that sucks, not your metabolism. I am around the same weight as you, and... wait a minute 3-4 whole eggs!!! That's 15-20g of SATURATED fat in one shot.

I'm willing to bet that the peanut butter you eat is kraft, Skippy and Jiff. That's 5 tbsp of regular peanut butter + 2 tbsp of nat peanut butter!!! Roughly 7X6g of fat = 42g of fat.

Saturated fat is BAD for you.Saturated fat is BAD for you. Saturated fat is BAD for you. Saturated fat is BAD for you. Saturated fat is BAD for you.

Got the point?

I'm willing to bet that that carb drink has a 100g of carbs.

Why eat before going to bed? Bad idea.

Reconsider your eating habbits and your discipline. 7 tablespoons of peanut butter! You crack me up dude! (not a flame, just trying to help)

Check out my cutting diet made easy thread.

While you are on the subkject of this, I can see how 60mins of cardio in one go burns fat if you stay within fat burning level, if you get sweaty and hot and your core temperature rises so will you heart rate and you'll burn muscle, no? So you definately need a heart rate monitor for that.

What about HIIT training though, doesnt your body stop burning fat when you raise your heart rate above a certain zone (greater than 75% max HR), above this your burning carbohydrates, if you dont have any available then its muscle as fat is not rich enough to fuel this kind of effort. I dont see how this system would work aswell as say the 30/1hour of cardio.

Has anyone done it?

I would imagine this would cut more muscle than your normal cardio session.

Interval training is probably the worst way you can teach your body to burn fat, which of course is our ultimate goal.

[This message has been edited by Liberator (edited April 21, 2001).]

Why are you eating so much peanutbutter?? Yes you need fats, but that is getting a little carried away!! 1-2 tbsp of natural pb would be better or just add 1 tbsp of flax/ olive oil on your salad. Cut out the whole eggs, add more food to your diet...more chicken, tuna, fish...lean red meat occassionally. Make sure you are drinking tons of water! Kick up your cardio a bit, and mix up your routines.

Top Bottom