Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WHole egg vs. Egg whites/ Lets Debate!

Goldprospector said:
The whole purpose of this thread was the idea that Bigpapa511 got raked about his egg consumption and his cholesterol...
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=382525
So there must be some kind of debate...that is if you read the other thread.

The link doesn't work

so I couldn't read this thread

what was the concern ?

I've read plenty of dtudies that prove that food cholesterol has little to no influence to blood cholesterol if you're healthy

Cholesterol is a prohormone (it escaped the ban somehow), the body can use it to produce Testosterone.

Eggs - I love 'em. I eat anywhere from two to six yolks per day.

My cholesterol is amazingly low. Did I mention I take androgens, too?

Well, taking care of your total health is important and i think the egg cholesterol problem is overrated. Lecithin takes care of most of that, as Goldprospector mentioned.

I like to eat 1yolk for every four whites. So i'll have 12 whites and 3 yolks. Adding bread

Top whole eggs? OK. How about:

Whole eggs + wheat + milk? You get more glutamine and leucine from the wheat and milk.

The link doesn't work

so I couldn't read this thread

what was the concern ?

I tried the link again and it worked for me...I did not have any concerns, I just thought that it was odd, that, in this particular thread that is linked, the bro said he eats 7 dozen eggs per week and then all these other bro's jump on a bandwagon saying that he should get his cholesterol checked and all kinds of shit. I agree with you that the diatary cholesterol is not a problem...I just wanted to have the bro's that jumped on the other thread's bandwagon to come on hear with whatever debates that they had as to why they would tell the bro that he should not eat eggs due to the cholesterol levels.

Yeah anthrax, I have heard that too, your body produces what you need, and if you are healthy, then your body will dispose of it.

Well I think we all know that eggs, while a great source of nutrition, often cause serious side effects that can prove detrimental to your health. Eggs can cause intense feelings of alienation, isolation, self-disgust, and depression. CAUSE NOBODY WILL BE ABLE TO STAND YOUR EGG-FARTIN' ASS. Seriously, I like eggs, but damn.

yolk = sat fat + cals that come from fat
white = cleaner source of protein

cholesterol shouldn't be an issue...of all the cholesterol in your body 85% is endogenous and 15% is exogenous. My GP and parents told me to not to eat so many eggs.

Inactivity and shitty diet in general would do far worse.

Some more info if you're concerned about cholesterol issues and eggs:

Thirteen patients at the Highland Hospital in Oakland, California were fed the equivalent in egg yolks of that found in 15 eggs per day for a 3 week period. The serum cholesterol did not increase significantly in any except two bedridden, obese patients. Four of the 7 ambulatory patients in the study actually showed a slight decrease in serum cholesterol.

In the Ireland-Boston Heart Study the researchers followed 600 Irishmen between the ages of 30 and 60 who had lived in Boston for 10 or more years and their brothers who had never left the old country. The Irish brothers ate about twice as many eggs as their American brothers--averaging over 14 per week. Yet, the Irish brothers had lower levels of cholesterol in their bloodstream, and their hearts were rated from 2 to 6 times healthier. The same Harvard doctor examined both groups.

Dr. Robert Itchiness, a cardiologist in New York city specializing in metabolic disorders, has treated over 8,000 patients. He lowered the serum cholesterol markedly in 63 percent of his patients with a diet high in meat, milk, and eggs. Dr. Itchiness believes that 95 percent of all heart trouble is associated with high serum triglycerides and attributes this to the staggering increase in sugar consumption--up from 7 pounds per person in 1840 to over 100 pounds today.

Obviously if your cutting and not on a CKD, then egg whites are lower in total calories. The fat, however, in egg yolks are predominately "good fats". There's also 18 mg. of DHA in one egg yolk, (the enriched ones have 120-150 mgs. per egg), over a gram of lecithin and betaine as well.

Top Bottom