Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What fruits have low GI's

The lowest GI fruits are generally the stone fruits (peaches/apricots/nectarines/plums) and the highest are bananas/pineapple/dried fruits/watermelon/grapes etc.....

I avoid fruit because I don't like it. But in general I think fruit got a bad rap because some of them have a lot of the carbs coming from fructose. There is a time and place for fructose in a BB diet, but not all the time. I prefer to get my carbs, fiber and vitamins from whole grains and fresh vegetables but there's nothing wrong with the occasional piece of fruit in the diet IMHO.

if you want to cut, to be totally safe,skip all fruit-if you do a diet with a carb up day, you should eat 2 apples the morning of carb up day

It will also depend on how ripe/unripe the fruit is. The more unripe a fruit is, then the higher the starch count. The riper the fruit is, then the more sugar it will have.

MR. BMJ

True dat MR BMJ. If you leave some fruits long enough there will be very little carbs left in them. This is my favorite way to eat fruit. Especially grapes that have been encouraged to ferment!

Fructose from fresh fruit is a good slow release sugar to consume pre training. It provides good blood glucose control (lower peaks and valleys) so you don't crash during your workout. A lot of big guys and gals I know like to have a protein and honey meal 1-2 hours before their workout.

Fruit is also beneficial when dieting, either as part of a cheat meal/cheat day, or at the beginning of a carb up on a keto type diet. Fructose can preferentially give the liver energy to keep thyroid hormone conversion normal while on a calorie restricted diet.

The worst time to eat fruit (in my opinion) is when you're bulking and well fed (eg for dessert or after a large meal). Fructose is easily and quickly stored as fat if it is eaten when the body doesn't need the calories. But of course not all fruit is high in fructose, and foods such as grape juice are used post workout to assist in shuttling insulin and glucose into muscles because grape juice is relatively high GI.

Thanks for all the input,
What then about dextrose, I read several threads that said that dextrose (found in most candies) was great post-workout because it's very high GI helps shuttle insulin and protein to the muscles?

Top Bottom