Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What to eat after weigh-ins?

absolutbud87

Hi I'm sort of new to elite fitness but I've been working out and training for 3 years now. I lift basically all year around except for the months of December, January, and February. I don't lift during these months because I'm too busy wrestling. Before the season started I was 144.5, then cut down to 130. It wasn't too hard to loose the weight, I just cut back on what I ate, took a stacker every now and then, and ran. I now am cutting from 130 to 125. Its a lot of weight I have lost and am loosing but as long as I do it right I know I can do it. After wrestling and cutting weight for a couple years now I still am curious about one thing, what is the best thing to eat after weigh-ins (having your weight checked before your meet to make sure on weight.) Not eating that much or drinking that much the day of a match isn't the best feeling in the world, especially when you've lost a lot of weight as it is. After weigh-ins though you get to eat whatever you want as much as you want because you've already made the weight. The only downside to this is you have to wrestle about an hour later or so. The last match I had I ate some pineapple, a propel, a taylor ham sandwich and a redbull. I ended up puking right after my match, which I have never done before. Any suggestions on what's the best and healthiest thing to eat? What will give me the most energy, but not make me feel sick, yet still taste good? Thanks a lot to any one who answers this.

Bro, it was the match on top of the food after cutting that made you puke, not so much the choice. Eat something smaller before the match that won't sit in your stomach like a brick, and then chow after your match. Beleive me, I was there once. God it seems like ages ago. :worried:

Simple carbs, foods similar to what you ate when u dieted. ALot of people will diet hardcore eat perfect then eat some MCD's and shit for 3 hours, you know the kind where you poup so much your asshole burns.

I would say load up on that redbull, some Sugar Soda or juices for some Energy, and something like sweet tarts, high sugar, low fat, your match will be like 6 mins long, after wards eat that good meal and then get back on the diet.

Can I ask why you are losing this much weight? I can assume you are in highschool but if your normally 140, and your going down to 125 this is crazy, WHy do this for your coach, is the guy at 130 135 better then you, so to be on varsity you have to do this, or is it your own choice? When I wreselted in highschool the best guy at the weight he wanted got that weight class. This is your life, your body, so make sure you are doin this for you.

Top Bottom