Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein Shake before weights and/or cardio

bigazn

What is everyone's opinions on:

1. using a protein shake w/ H20 before morning weights followed by cardio
2. using a protein shake w/H20 before morning cardio

I use one because I believe it will help to maintain muscle mass or am I completely off base on this. Should I just just be using a shit load of BCAAs before and after?

I do weights and cardio in the same workout first thing in the morning just do to time constraints. I do the weights first to burn through throught the glycogen then I take a packet of Amino Vital Fast Charge BCAAs (check them out at www.amino-vital.com) and then do cardio for 40min at 65-75% max HR. I then take RALA immediatley after, wait 30 min then put down a PWO shake with pro isolate and 250ml from ABB Carb Force. 1 hour after that I have a whole food meal.

My goal is fat loss with maintaining as much muscle mass as possible.

I agree that weights and cardio back-to-back isn't optimal, but the following applies even if that's how you have to do it due to your schedule.

You need carbs in addition to protein both before and after, regardless of whether you're cutting or not. Move calories from elsewhere in the day to accomodate proper nutrition around your workout. BCAAs would be good additions to the above if you have the money, but adding carbohydrates should be your first priority.

I don't like the feeling of a protein shake in my stomach before I lift. I prefer to have some egg whites and oatmeal.

Top Bottom