Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Help with losing weight..

MSIMMS

My names Mike I'm new to the site and am looking for some help...Im about 5.9 180lbs and am 22yrs old...I lift on and off but am going to bye a new gym membership tomorrow..I have a lot of unwanted fat in my midsection that i really want to get rid of..When I go to the gym I do a 30min cardio run on the treadmill followed up by weightlifting then a 25-30min session In the sauna..I drink alot of water but need help on the food part..I dont have the biggest budget so going to the grocery store every week is kinda hard so what are some things I need to do to help me lose weight, what should I be eating and not be eating when should I be eating these and should I take any suppliments to aid me.???

I recommend doing your weight-lifting first, followed up by cardio, then you can hit the sauna. But remember the importance of pre-workout nutition, and PWO nutirtion. Since your goal is to lose weight, i suggest after you workout(after the weights and cardio) have a PWO meal/shake filled with high protein and carbs, this is highly important.
Yes, due to the perspiration of your workout+the sauna, it is important to rehydrate your body with lots of water.
If losing weight is the issue, especially in the midsection, you can't spot-reduce a certain point of your body. Your best choices, is to do cardio, for overall body-fat reduction, and to eat healthy, plus you can do some crunches while your at it.
Nutrition wise
-Remember to eat breakfast, high in complex carbs (oatmeal, whole-grain cereal), and protein(egg, milk), to keep your metabolism going throughout the day.
-Drinking caffeine can actually help burn fat.
-Im not sure about the "eat 5-6 meals" a day, but try to eat more, but in small portions throughout the day. This might seem odd, eat more? Actually yes, eat more to keep your metabolism going, to help burn the calories as the day progresses.
-Basiclly to lose weight, its all about the calories. Combined with excercise+healthy dieting. (Includes the veggies and fruits, for the nutrients and fiber)
-Drinks LOTS of water.

same advice the other thread...check out the diet information sticky near the top

it has a clean foods, bad foods list

spot reduction wont happen, have to lose overall BF

AND
larger muscle mass burns more cals so...weights are important (and sometimes easier for some then cardio)

theres a lot of great info throughout elitefitness

read read read

Top Bottom