Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Journal 6/27/07 Sound advice Wanted.

disturbed311

Ok first off i've been out of training for awhile.. Been eating nothing but fast food and a bunch of shit and i'm tired of looking like a scrub... So here we go

6'5, 243 Lbs. out of shape (probably around 25% BF, Don't Really know). Haven't Been consistent in working out in a long time. Its time for my LIFE change on being healthy.

GOALS: To change my body Composition.. Losing fat and getting more fit is a definite priority. I would like to be somewhere from 12-15 percent BodyFat % in about 6 months, if possible. I could care less about the scales right now.. I just want my bodyfat % down to 12-15%.

TRAINING: Sat, Mon, and Wed. I will be doing the 5x5. Don't know if this is that well for burning fat but i'd like to try and build a solid core, or at least start one while trimming up.

Mon-Friday waking up a 6am and heading to the gym for a 45 minute cardio session on an empty stomach. Just lite work on the elliptical for 30min. and then 15 minutes jogging/walking on the treadmill... EVERY MORNING MON-FRI I WILL DO THIS.

DIET It will pretty much be like this everyday with a few and minor changes from day to day to prevent boredom.

8am After Training:
Protein Shake with 3/4 Cup of Oats
2 Boiled Jumbo Eggs
1 Tablespoon of flaxseed Oil

1130am:
6oz Grilled Chicken
1 Cup of Brown Rice
1/2 cup of Cottage Cheese
1 Tablespoon of ANPB

3pm: 50grm Protein Shake

5:30pm:
6oz Grilled Chicken
4oz Ground Turkey Patty grilled
1 Cup of Brown Rice

45min afterwards i'm goin to ride the bike at the gym for 30min and hit some abs.

730pm: 50grm Protein Shake

1030:
1 teaspoon Flax
3 Boiled Eggs

Now I Put everything into www.fitday.com and here is my Macro's..

Total Cal's- 2788

Total Fat- 92 grams, 19 saturated, the rest poly and mono. (I figure when i go to the store and replace the eggs with the EggBeaters that it will lower my saturated fat)

Total Carbs- 203, Fiber-15

Total Protein- 289 grms.

This gives me a 42/30/27 ratio when talking about protiens/fats/carbs.

I will not be taking any anabolics or anything at all.. I will be taking Fighteveryone's advice and wait 1 year until i'm committed with diet, training, and my motivation until I even THINK about using anything.

SO this is it.. This should be everything. If i a failed to mention anything please let me know. I need ya'lls advice. I would some criticism and opinions on helping me fine tune this so i can get the best out of my dedication. So come chime in with your thoughts.. Thanks Bro's i appreciate it...

Take the fat away from your post workout drink. If anything eat those eggs pre-workout to give u some kind of fuel for your workout, I normally would say eat carbs pre workout, but since u're cutting, protein + fat first thing is better.

Bump ur 1130 meal to 10:30.. 11 the very latest..u dont want to go more than 3 hours between meals when ur muscles are just dying to recover from that workout.

Move your 5:30 pm meal to 2:00 pm. That is way too much to eat before cardio...then at 5:30 u will be empty stomach for 30 minutes cardio and 2 ab exercises tops. which means u'll actually burn fat. then have a whey only shake post workout....6:30 the latest Make your 7:30 meal an 8:30 meal..not just a whey shake..something real... and then the 10:30 meal is OK, move it to 10:45 or 11 unless u sleep by then.

Kabeetz said:
Move your 5:30 pm meal to 2:00 pm. That is way too much to eat before cardio...then at 5:30 u will be empty stomach for 30 minutes cardio and 2 ab exercises tops. which means u'll actually burn fat. then have a whey only shake post workout....6:30 the latest Make your 7:30 meal an 8:30 meal..not just a whey shake..something real... and then the 10:30 meal is OK, move it to 10:45 or 11 unless u sleep by then.

My 1030 meal has actually changed to 7oz Sirloin Steak and 3/4 cup of EGG Beaters.... And The training that is at 6am is only cardio... on Sat..mon and wed my lifting will be in the evenings... So should i still cut out that fat after my 6am cardio session even if its only cardio??

if u're doing 5x5 monday wednesday friday... u can stick in some cardio tues thurs sat mornings (or just 2 of those days, whatever works for u).

lifting days, pre workout should be protein + fat, post workout protein + carbs
cardio days, pre-workout empty stomach (this means having slept if am cardio, after last meal 3 hours to no more than 4 if in the evening), with protein only after the cardio..and then a nice protein + carbs or protein + fat meal 2-3 hours or so later depending on the time of day.

Good luck bro. With all that activity you might be more likely to hit a plateau sooner than later, if you do just up the cals a bit or reduce the cardio - either way your diet looks pretty on and you will definitely see results

poysyn said:
Good luck bro. With all that activity you might be more likely to hit a plateau sooner than later, if you do just up the cals a bit or reduce the cardio - either way your diet looks pretty on and you will definitely see results

Thanks... Yea I've actually thought about the activity.. I think on the Lifting days when I do the 5x5 and cardio first thing on an empty stomach, i'll probably try to sneak in another meal..

Do not do cardio with your five by five workouts... 5x5 should be left alone.. do cardio on the alternating days. 5x5 is not going to work too well if u throw too much cardio at it. 3-4 cardio sessions a week is all u need, even 2-3. Clean diet and the calories u burn lifting will take care of the rest.

Ok thanks... So i'll Start the 5x5 on Monday... Then I will do my cardio on tue, thur, and sat mornings and have sunday as a rest day...

Top Bottom