Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ketosis diet thoughts

I use the app "lose it". Keeps macros percentages as you add food along with calorie count. I also run it 65/30/5

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I did the keto diet last summer while trying to get in shape for a cruise. I did the diet for 2 months and in that time lost about 30 pounds. My body fat went from 13% to 6.5%. I was also able to maintain most of my muscle mass throughout the whole diet. During the diet my workouts consisted of heavy weight and low rep exercises so that I would fully utilize all my muscle in order to not lose any. Overall, the diet is very restrict but you get the same results in a month or two as you would get from 6 months + of "low calorie high cardio" diets...which I hate.

Sent from my iPad using EliteFitness.com - Anabolic Steroids, Bodybuilding

Sorry I forgot to mention the energy, the first 4-7 days you will feel very tired and sluggish as your body has very little energy and it is trying to switch from carbohydrate metabolism to fat metabolism. However, as soon as your body adjusts and starts utilizing fat for its metabolic purposes you will feel very energized. Your body will literally feed on its fat reserves all day. So whenever you're not eating/digesting food, your body eats it's own fat.

I did the keto diet last summer while trying to get in shape for a cruise. I did the diet for 2 months and in that time lost about 30 pounds. My body fat went from 13% to 6.5%. I was also able to maintain most of my muscle mass throughout the whole diet. During the diet my workouts consisted of heavy weight and low rep exercises so that I would fully utilize all my muscle in order to not lose any. Overall, the diet is very restrict but you get the same results in a month or two as you would get from 6 months + of "low calorie high cardio" diets...which I hate.

Good stuff bossman, nice job on getting down to 6.5%

Great work bro.. low single differs is what I'm looking for. Keto is very effective for sure.

What do your macros look like now? After being off Keto.

13 to 6.5 in 2 months ? Sorry but I don't believe that one bit.. I have done keto before and I think it's cool to try depending on your goals. Myfitnesspal is a good app to start off with beginning Keto for sure so you can draw a baseline of your total cals and macros..

First week - 10 days are an adjustment phase obviously in the absence of carbs and you will drop a shit load of water weight during that period so don't let it confuse you, obviously losing "weight" means nothing..

There are also a few variations to the Keto diet. At some point you will not be able to lift with the same energy and intensity I dont give a shit what anyone says, but if you lift like a bitch and do moderate LISS you will probably be fine.. What are your goals because I lift very hard and I would certainly go back and change some shit when I did start Keto because although I lost some weight I definitely lost some LBM.

13 to 6.5 in 2 months ? Sorry but I don't believe that one bit.. I have done keto before and I think it's cool to try depending on your goals. Myfitnesspal is a good app to start off with beginning Keto for sure so you can draw a baseline of your total cals and macros..

First week - 10 days are an adjustment phase obviously in the absence of carbs and you will drop a shit load of water weight during that period so don't let it confuse you, obviously losing "weight" means nothing..

There are also a few variations to the Keto diet. At some point you will not be able to lift with the same energy and intensity I dont give a shit what anyone says, but if you lift like a bitch and do moderate LISS you will probably be fine.. What are your goals because I lift very hard and I would certainly go back and change some shit when I did start Keto because although I lost some weight I definitely lost some LBM.

CKD; done and done.

Keto Sunday through Thursday; carb up on Friday & Saturday......worked great for me.

Top Bottom