Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much is enough potassium in your diet?

blckngold_99

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on just how much potassium was good for bodybuilding..i read in a Book call "Sliced" ..that since you lose alot of potassiium during excercise and dieting that supplementing would be a good way to acheive hard full muscle look...any one??/

Well, first, the peanut butter (or unsalted peanuts) are a good source of fats but also contain some carbs. As a result, if you are in 'Ketosis' you can only have 1-2 tbsps of ALL natural peanut butter a day. (2 tbsp=6 carbs, that is about the max). Now, if you are using any other diet, i.e. isocaloric, low-fat, metabolism, etc., you can use a tbsp of all natural peanut butter 3-4 times a day to get some good fats in and cut some cravings. (I would recommend Flaxseed oil better then peanut butter but some ppl. cannot stand the taste)

Secondly, Potassium is very much needed in a bodybuilders diet. I personally like to take in a 2:1 ratio of Potassium/Sodium. So, in turn, if you have 1000mg sodium a day you would take in 2000mg of potassium. Seems like a lot but a lot of protein powders contain about 500mg of potassium per serving (not all). Yes, potassium will keep you full and it also has other very important properties, which I could go on and on writing about. Just remember, potassium is good and don't forget to include a good amount in your diet.
Mr.X:cool:

Top Bottom