Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ham and processed meats...good or not?

Ham and processed meats for dieting?

• Love it, good source of protein

Votes: 59 26.2%
  • Only the low fat kind

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • Only low sodium kind

Votes: 37 16.4%
  • Not for me at all

Votes: 111 49.3%

• Total voters
Then if deli turkey and ham are no good then jerky isnt good either? Jerky is loaded with sodium, nitrates and nitrites as well.

statdoc said:
Packaged meats usually have lots of nitrites. Nitrites have been shown to significantly increase your risk of colon cancer. Stay away from any processed meats if possible.

Word up. Nitrites/Nitrates are foreign toxins that can do some major internal damage. Look for whole, natural, organic unprocessed foods. There are no additional ingredients to whole foods; none.

So how about fresh ham purchased at the store that you put in the oven.... you know.... for Thanksgiving?

Right now I'm not too concerned with anything aside from decent gains & improving performance in the gym with high protein foods.

high in sodiam, high in sat fats and loaded with nitrites which is a known carcinogen which they use as a preservative. I will let you know that some grocers have preserve free organic lunch meats which is a much better version if you are still going this route.

terrible! processed meats are full of shit. I discovered the deli meats are way better, or cooking your own roast or chicken is even better. I have some good recipes posted if you look. The only thing good with the processed meat is the free tupperware container you end up with-

those are not good for you
what you can do?
some of the meats that you buy are real turkey or real chicken breast
they look the same as the processed meats
just need to look at the label

I think its like most things in life, as a once in a while backup im sure the ability to hit your basic nutritional commitment during that meal is better than the negative impact caused by the nitrates and sodium, however if this becomes your regular plan, your going to negatively impact your pontential. Ive realised that body building is 50% preparation and 50% execution. imho.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom